4

Jennie and Lisa kneeled in front of the clan's plaques.

A brazier with a thick layer of ashes was placed in front of it.

The two of them separately scattered a handful of gold bits into the brazier.

A cloud of smoke burst from the brazier with a 'puff', giving off a somewhat pungent scent, while flames started to flicker.

Lisa followed what the others did by throwing a few pieces of yellow paper into the brazier too.

Jennie and Lisa shared a look, then they helped each other up.

The entire process was extremely quiet. 

Even the look that they shared with each other was extremely short, but it was as if they had a long conversation and understood what each other was thinking.  

This ancestral worship on New Year's Eve was the first time that Lisa participated in a family event as Jennie's husband.

To the two of them, this had a special meaning.

With this, Lisa was now acknowledged as a member of the family by the entire clan. 

She had also... officially taken Jennie's side.

From now on, they were of the same mind and body, breath and branch. 

As a married couple, they will now share all glory and ruin.

Other than the previous interruption, Lisa performed rather appropriately for the rest of the event.

The ancestral worship came to an end in the turn of an eye. 

While the elders of the clan gave the closing speech, Lisa couldn't help but turn and take a look at Jennie.

If their wedding could be described as getting Lisa's foot through the estate's gates, now she had truly entered the estate.

Lisa felt very peculiar. 

At the same time, she felt a sense of responsibility like never before.

But there was one thing that she couldn't figure out no matter how she tried. 

She was clearly from earth, so why would she appear in the records of this world's history?

Did I actually changed this world without meaning to, or was it all predestined?

If it was the latter, what would be my ending in this world?

Lisa really wanted to grab someone from the modern era of this world and ask them about this.

The crowd returned to the front courtyard once the ancestral worship was over.

There was still time before lunch.

Jennie had a quiet conversation with Eddard, then she came back and said to Lisa, "Husband, come with me."

"Alright."

Jennie led Lisa towards the west.

They walked through a winding corridor and a stone path before they arrived at a distant courtyard.

It was very quiet and beautiful here; not a single servant could be seen, but the courtyard was evidently cleaned up beforehand. 

All of the snow was shovelled to the corners.  

"What is this place?"

"You'll know once you go inside."

Lisa headed towards the main room.