44

A man and woman were sitting separately side by side on the platform. 

The man looked around thirty, and he had a moustache over his lips. 

The woman was younger, and she was as beautiful as a flower.

A person dressed like a caravan worker was kneeling in front of them, and he appeared to have just finished saying something. He knocked his head on the floor as a final statement.

That man turned to look at the woman next to him and asked, "Does the Lady have any other questions?"

"No."

That man waved dismissively, "You may go now. Once I am done thinking, I will summon you again."

"Understood."

The man from the caravan knocked his head down three more times, then he got up and excused himself.

The man and woman sitting on the platform were indeed the Duke of Fort Tryon, Edward, and Lady Swan, Kristen.

Once they were the only ones left in the hall, Edward suddenly laughed.

"How's that? Ain't I the winner of this bet?" He said.

It was a sentence that came out of nowhere, but Kristen bloomed with a smile. 

She covered her lips with dainty fingers and said prettily, "Your Grace is incredibly clever and farsighted, this humble woman is thoroughly defeated."

Edward's laughed for a while more, then he continued to talk on his own, "In my opinion, Lisa is a very interesting person. Now that I think about it, he was still a beggar when I first met him. But in just a year... he has already matured into his present state. He didn't just trick pretty much all of the merchant groups in the province, he has also earned more than what his pockets can keep, while also digging a sum out of the Stark on the way. Once Eddard learns about this, now that'll be what they call 'a mute who just ate bitter medicine'. It's just a shame that this lord can't be in two places at once, otherwise I'd love to go over there and see it myself."

"Then, Lady Stark..."

Edward chuckled, "Haven't you tried already? She isn't willing to part with her husband. Would I even have to break this marriage apart by force? I truly can't figure out why you show so much concern for this person. She is just a merchant woman, there are as many of them as hairs on a bull... They were all just trapped in the boudoir, and she's the only one who made it out. If she hadn't married Lisa by some strange chance, who knows how much more miserable her situation would be today. Eddard has already cast allegiance to William... But he ultimately lacks the status to become part of his trusted subordinates. After a period of time... he might just offer lady Stark up for sacrifice. Those two are like twin lotus flowers on one stalk right now, neither of them can leave the other and survive. If Lisa dies, lady Stark will have to return to the Stark and be at the mercy of her family. If she dies, in my opinion, Lisa won't be able to escape the Stark and Victor's grudges towards him."

"Your Grace is wise and farsighted. Your words are like wisdom pouring down the top of my head."

A moment of silence later, Edward suddenly threw out a question with no notable tone, "...That thing you talked about, how long will it be until it comes into effect?"

"Three months."

"Whole?"

"Yes."

"Mm. Don't disappoint me, alright... If you can't prove to me that you're worth offending that cousin of mine..."

Kristen gave an enchanting smile. 

Her beautiful eyes roamed, and she gave no response besides her smile.