25

JENNIE

Once I left her room, I sighed quietly.

I did not tell Lisa that it was not Madam Park who called for me; it was me who wanted to talk to her.

I understood my sister very well, and I had done a few business deals with Psy before.

When I had just started to take charge of the family business, in order to support, my sisters, I had done some business with all three of my brother-in-laws before. 

Psy was the most ambitious among the three, and the most successful businessman. 

He had the traits that all clever merchants shared: to only get up early when there's benefits to be had, and to only let eagles fly once rabbits are seen.

Although he was someone who returned his favors, the 'return' must be built on the foundation of 'gain'. 

Psy had showed Lisa his 'flintlock pistol' yesterday. 

I felt that Psy was definitely not doing this on a whim; he must have already gotten everything arranged.

Just one of those things cost a hundred liangs of gold. 

I had a general understanding of Psy's financial status. 

If he wanted to start this business, he would certainly fail without a strong financial backer.

Psy had bumped into a wall with Lisa, so my sister was probably going to discuss this matter with me soon.

I could tell from yesterday night that Lisa was greatly against the idea of getting involved in this situation. 

She was hesitant, yet terrified. 

Until Lisa figures out what she wanted to do, I would protect her.

In order to avoid future problems, I decided to make my move first. 

I will voluntarily seek out madam Park and tell her that we were leaving.

The estate already had businesses in this city, but perhaps I could just go with Lisa's previous suggestion to buy a residence here.

I came to Madam Park's place. 

Her face lit up in happiness once she saw me; she held my hand as she made small talk with me. 

Be it reactions or replies, I had a very good grasp on everything.

We chatted for nearly an hour. 

I could tell that she was starting to get tired, so I said, "Ma'am, this junior came today because there's something that I'd like to discuss with you..."

"Oh, go on! This old one wouldn't refuse anything that the young lady Stark asks for!"

"Then I'll thank you first. Actually... husband really likes this city. Just a few days ago, he said that he wants to start a business here, and he wants to buy a residence so that we can come over anytime. This junior has already sent someone to get it done, and I have just sent my maid to ask about it. The residence should be bought by now, or in the next few days at the latest. The new residence isn't far from the Park residence, so we might have to come and disturb you often in the future..."

"What is the young lady Stark talking about? It's great that you don't mind this old one. People get talkative when they're older, you know. If you can come here often, that'd be wonderful!"

I gave a slight smile, then moved on, "In that case, this junior will move to the new residence with husband once it's done."

"Oh... Why the hurry? You've only been here for a few days, why not stay for a few days more?"