26

That Night

Lisa let Jennie bathe first. 

It was like this when they stayed in inns on their way to Driftmark too.

Jennie did not decline it. 

She went behind the folding screen, then the murmurs of water travelled out a short while later. 

It sounded clearer than it was in the inns.

Sprawling on the bed, Lisa buried her head in the blanket. 

Who knows what she thought about; she wriggled a few times like a silkworm...

Jennie walked out with her hair let down, and a warm flush to her cheeks.

Lisa said to Jennie, "Wait here for a while, let's put on face masks together once I'm done."

There was enough hot water in the kitchen, hence fresh bath water was brought in very quickly.

Lisa had a wonderful bath. 

Once she was done, she found the wide sleeves of the kingdom's middle clothing too cumbersome to wear, hence she just walked out in a T-shirt and a pair of shorts that she brought from earth.

Jennie gasped once she saw her. 

She grabbed the blanket, rushed to Lisa in a flash, then she wrapped Lisa up with the blanket...

Hugging the blanket from outside, Jennie's fine brows knitted slightly as she said, "What are you wearing? How improper, what if a servant saw you?"

Lisa had never seen Jennie run so fast before. 

She was taken aback for a moment, then she smiled and said, "Do you want it? I have a few sets in my inventory, want to wear it together?"

"Ridiculous..."

"Where I'm from, there are tons of girls who wear even less than this in the summer! What I'm wearing right now really isn't considered revealing on earth, it's very normal summer wear. And besides... studies in the future indicate that wearing too much to bed is detrimental to the quality of rest you get."

Jennie hesitated for a moment. 

She gradually took away the blanket, then she put it back on the bed.

Lisa opened up her inventory. 

She took out two face masks from it, and one bottle of body lotion. 

She asked Jennie, "So, do you want to wear it?"

"I don't need it!"

"Come on, change into it. Let's put on some body lotion, it's dry in the winter."

"What is that..."

"Say if you're going to wear it or not first~"

"I'm not wearing it!" Jennie rejected it firmly.

Lisa did not force it either; she came to the bed with the bottle of body lotion and face masks. 

She opened the package, put one on Jennie's face, then she put one on her own too. 

She went behind the folding screen with the packaging, then she threw it in the bathtub.

The packaging was made with materials that would dissolve in water; it disappeared once it was thrown into a tub of water.

Lisa returned to the bed, then she asked Jennie, "How does it feel?"

Jennie touched the face mask on her face, then she replied, "Cool and icy... What is this?"