13

In the turn of an eye, the lantern festival arrived.

Every household was decorated for the occasion. 

Jennie's older sisters had to leave after today too; the family feast they were going to have today was both for a reunion and a farewell. 

That's why the place was decorated most ceremoniously.  

Later in the afternoon, a house servant came and reported, "Cultivator Jisoo has returned."

Greatly delighted, Ruby ordered someone to fetch her winter coat. 

She draped it over herself as she kept going on about how she was going to leave the estate and welcome her in person.

Jennie, Lisa, Jennie's three older sisters, their husbands, and their children went along with her too.

Even though Lisa already knew about Jisoo's prestige in this kingdom, she was still somewhat astonished by such a turn out.

Jisoo's horse carriage stopped a bowshot away from the estate. 

Rose and Jisoo got down the carriage, then they walked towards the estate.

Ruby said to the only 'man' present, "Lisa, go and welcome them, quick."

"Understood, mom." 

Lisa lifted the hem of her robe and strode down the stone steps, then she walked swiftly towards Jisoo's direction.

Once she was near, Jisoo flicked her horsetail whisk, then she gave a cultivator's common courtesy, "Lisa, hope you've been well."

Lisa took a few more steps forwards, stopping in front of Jisoo. 

She put her hands together and gave a courtesy in return, "Cultivator, this junior wishes you a happy new year."

Rose gave Lisa a courtesy, "This maid greets the young master."

"There's no need to be so courteous, Rose. The two of you came back at just the right time. It'll be time for dinner soon, mom and the others are waiting for you at the entrance." Lisa said.

Jisoo observed Lisa, then she furrowed her brows, "Are you feeling unwell?"

The wound on Lisa's forehead left by the poison needle had already healed completely. 

Only a faint scar left by the strike of a hilt still remained.

Lisa pointed at her temple, "Are you talking about this? Ai, it's a long story. I'll tell you all about it later once you had enough rest."

Jisoo shook her head, "That's just a surface injury, it's not a major issue. What this humble monk is asking is... were you poisoned before?"  

Rose gasped in shock, "Poisoned? How could that be?"

Even Lisa was stunned.

Logically speaking, she had injected herself with the most advanced serum that the research lab could provide, and it's been so long since then that the poison in her body was already gone.

For the sake of insurance, Lisa had checked it with test strips before. 

She was sure that all of the poison in her body was already metabolised, so how was Jisoo able to tell?

Jisoo took hold of Lisa's wrist and read her pulse. 

Once she had a proper reading, her frown gradually relaxed, and then she asked uncertainly, "The poison was cured?"

Lisa answered truthfully, "I was thinking about telling you this when you came back. This junior was indeed poisoned a few days ago, though the poison is already cured. How could you tell that this junior was poisoned before?"