73

Lisa looked through them a few times.

Once she was sure that she wasn't mistaken, she got up and returned to the praying hall.

"Wife?"

Inside of the hall, Jennie was looking at Selena's tablet in a trance.

Justin was standing behind Jennie at an appropriate distance, keeping his silence.

Lisa went up to Jennie. 

She hugged her shoulder and said softly, "Wife, immense sorrow harms the body... Should we go and visit our niece?"

"Alright."

Lisa and Jennie turned around. 

Lisa gave Justin a courtesy with her hands, then she said, "Second brother-in-law, where might your daughter be at the moment? If it's no trouble... could my wife see her for a while? Back then, I heard sister-in-law say that your daughter has poor health. My wife bought some high quality medical ingredients just for her on the way here. When sister was alive, she entrusted me to pass your daughter's eight numbers of birth to cultivator Jisoo so that the old senior could make a reading. It's a regret of mine to have missed it... Now, I have entered my Master's school with the Taoist title Tong Su, and I have learned some face reading techniques from my Master. May I be allowed to fulfil sister's last wish?"

The girl that Lisa was talking about was Selena's and Justin's first child. 

She was given the name Ella.

Justin was already prepared for a situation where Jennie wanted to see Ella. 

It could be said that everything that Lisa and Jennie had done so far was within his expectations, all except for the fact that Lisa was cultivator Jisoo's disciple.

There was rarely anyone in the kingdom who didn't know about Jisoo ... 

That was a Black tier cultivator, an existence on the level of a great master.

Justin could have never expected that his beggar brother-in-law would have that much fortune to become Jisoo's disciple.

Justin wasn't afraid to let them visit Ella, but he feared that Lisa might have actually learned something from Jisoo and be able to see other things.

The stiffness in Justin's expression came and went in a flash, then he showed an ashamed expression as he said, "Sister-in-law and brother-in-law have been thoughtful... It is my humble daughter's fortune for you to want to visit her. It's just that... that child is born sickly, hence your sister and I have always raised her in her boudoir. That child lost her mother recently... She's a heavy thinker, so she has fallen sick too. She's recuperating right now, that might be rude to the two of you."

Jennie replied, "She is just a child who's not yet fifteen, how is rudeness a matter to speak of? Niall is still young, and sister has passed away... leaving a frail daughter behind. As her aunt, it is only reasonable for me to visit her since I'm here. The mountains are high and the road is far... Who knows when we will get to see each other again."

Justin replied, "In that case, please follow me, sister-in-law and brother-in-law. I'll take you there."

"Please."

Lisa and Jennie followed Justin out of the small prayer hall. 

A few steps outside, Lisa looked back. 

The doors of the hall were still open, and the tablet with a blue base could still be seen on the table.

Lisa's expression didn't change, but the fury in her heart was already burning fiercely.