70

Lisa and Jennie were sitting on rattan chairs, enjoying the shade under the winding corridor.

Lisa was waving a woven fan made of reed leaves, which gave off a sweet and refreshing scent with every wave.

They say that reed leaves could dispel evil spirits, and woven fans were mostly made using reed leaves in the province. 

Lisa really liked this simple and elegant fragrance; this woven fan never left her hand in the summer days.

Lisa fanned Jennie a couple of times, then she said, "The Baron and the Grand Eldest Princess should be coming back soon. Do you think her Highness and the others will stay in the province for a while before continuing to Alaris?"

Jennie picked up a grape, then she sent it to Lisa's lips. 

Once the latter ate it, she placed the grape skin in a small dish and said, "I heard that the Alaris border isn't very stable whenever this season comes around each year. The Grand General will probably hurry back to Alaris to take charge of military duties. As for the Grand Eldest Princess and the Royal Princess... I can't say for sure." Jennie sent another grape to Lisa's lips as she said that.

"You should eat too, don't just feed me." Lisa said.

Not moving her hand away, Jennie smiled and said, "You fan me, I feed you. It'll keep you from staining the woven fan with sticky juices too, it'd be a waste to ruin a perfectly good fan."

Lisa quickly gave Jennie a few more rapid waves of the fan, and only then did she take the grape 'in exchange'.

Jennie couldn't help but smile, and she gave Lisa a look of resignation. 

Though, she did really like it when Lisa was being funny like this.

"Mm~ It's so good." Lisa praised.

Jennie picked up a grape, then she ate it for herself too, "Although the province has poor soil, the fruits... grapes and muskmelons especially, taste pretty great. It tastes much better than the fruits I had in other places. It's sweet and juicy.

Rocking on the rattan chair, Lisa waved her woven fan as she said, "That's because there's a large temperature difference between day and night in this province. There are sufficient and long hours of sunshine, which is more favorable for this type of fruit to convert and store sugar. It can be considered a result of the right geographical location and climate."

"You know so much~." Jennie praised from the bottom of her heart.

"It's nothing really~, I'm just standing on the shoulders of giants. Though..."

"Mm?"

"Have you read the 'Water Classics' or 'Local History' for the province? After staying here for a while, why do I feel that... the amount of rain in the province this year isn't actually that different from Winterfell?"

Hearing that, Jennie sighed quietly, then she said faintly, "How could there not be any abnormalities after such a major event? But if that's all there is, then that's good..."

It took Lisa a moment to understand what Jennie meant by 'such a major event'. 

So she was referring to the appearance of the 'broom star'...

Regarding this, Lisa could only answer with a sigh. 

Though, what she felt inside was entirely different from Jennie.

Jennie was more concerned, while Lisa was more resigned... 

Lisa had already given Jennie all the talking and explaining she could need for this matter, but she still felt uneasy.