27

"Let's go!" Lisa mounted her horse with a casual grace.

Jennie got on her horse without hesitation too. 

The two of them shared a look and smile, then they started to ride side by side.

Jennie could tell that Lisa didn't like the fishy smell of the pier, hence she had specially instructed the manager to buy a residence that was further from the pier. 

To reach the pier, they would still have to take about half an hour on horseback.

Though, there were not a lot of people on the streets at this hour, so they could go slightly faster.

Holding the reins, Jennie had a brilliant smile on her face. 

She had learned horse riding from Lisa, hence it didn't take long before she could experience the fun of horse riding.

The closer they were to the pier, the more crowded the streets became. 

The two of them dismounted near the pier as Lisa suggested, then they left their horses in the care of a shop by the street. 

They gave the manager a few copper coins, and he agreed to take care of their horses readily.

"Come on, let's go in." Lisa walked in front of Jennie to make way for her.

Following behind Lisa, Jennie looked at the bustling crowd around her. 

The frame of her eyes turned wet all of a sudden.

It was at this moment that Jennie finally and truly realized just what kind of chance Lisa had given her...

If she had never met Lisa or gotten to know her... she would never be able to have this chance for her entire life.

To have no need for a veil, or for house servants to 'protect' her and 'clear the scene' for her... 

There were no strange looks that she had to endure either.

This had always been the right that only men could have. 

But the person in front of her... had created it for her in her own unique way.

Almost as if she had a telepathic sense, Lisa suddenly turned her head back. 

She was slightly taken aback when she saw the change in Jennie. 

Her gaze turned curious, followed by a look of realization... Ultimately, she held a smile in the corners of her lips and stars in her eyes. 

She gazed at Jennie with immeasurable gentleness.

This time, the latter did not hide her own feelings and thoughts. 

Seeing the changes in Lisa's expression, Jennie suddenly felt that letting someone see right through her didn't seem to be all that bad... 

At least, it felt pretty nice at the moment.

Jennie couldn't help but smile, and it made Lisa smile even more brilliantly. 

She held Jennie's hand on the spur of the moment, but she let go a brief moment later. 

This kind of thing wasn't really appropriate with the way they looked right now...

Lisa slowed down her pace and asked, "Are you hungry? Do you want to eat before we head to the port?"

"No, we can eat at any time after all. Let's go and check out the port first, it wouldn't be too late to eat after the serious business."

Lisa smiled, "How did you know that there's serious business?"

Jennie smiled without responding.