50

LISA

I asked for a horse carriage, and drove it myself, but I did not head out of the city straight away.

I went to the estate's separate residence in the city, where the three young ladies were still staying in.

They were the courtesans who I redeemed from major brothels.

There were originally five people including Alice and Kristen, but those two already had their own places now. 

The remaining three young ladies still haven't had any arrangements yet.

I told the young ladies to pack their things and get on the horse carriage.

We travelled to the Yǒng province, then we came to the hill where the four foreigners were living in.

I wasn't very good at steering the horse carriage; the horses wouldn't cooperate when we were heading up the mountain, hence the four of us had to walk instead.

They carried their own luggage as they silently followed behind me. 

Although they talked about being tired a few times on the way up, they were purely expressing their emotions. 

No one was complaining.

I was very satisfied with this. 

Looks like these three young ladies have matured quite a lot after leaving a life of courtesanship for a life of independence.

Although I had already explained to them my purpose for bringing them here, the three courtesans couldn't help but be surprised when they saw Perseus and the others.

Especially when they saw I communicate with those four strange people in words that they have never heard before; it took them a while to return from their astonishment.

I told Perseus that these three people would teach them how to speak the kingdom's official language in the days to come.

I tasked him to keep them safe, and gave him three more fire barrels, then headed down the hill myself.

I separated the horse from the horse carriage, then mounted the horse and headed towards Fort Tryon with haste.

I was already about to drown in my longing and worry for Jennie.

I hated this world for not having faster transportation tools; I had no choice but to shorten my pitifully little sleeping time so that I could have more time on the road.

But what a shame; no matter how hard I tried, I was destined to not make it in time for Jennie's birthday. 

However, the time I took to reach the province was three entire days shorter than the time I took to get from the Fort Tryon to Winterfell.

Once I was back in the province, I did two things. 

One was to write a card and order Toji to deliver to Duke's estate.

The second was to order Gojo to find a residence in the province, specifically one that has no willow trees planted in it, and best if there aren't willow trees growing in the vicinity either.

Gojo and Toji left to fulfil their orders. 

My longing was already a rampaging flood, but as an 'outside man', duke's estate wasn't a place where I could go to whenever I wanted to.

I had a bath, then laid down on the bed.

I felt utterly vexed at the thought of having to wait another ten days or so for the Duke's 'calling'.