62

Lisa helped Jennie down the carriage, then they joined up with Jisoo. 

By the time that they reached the General estate's gates, Daphne had already run ahead and disappeared inside.

A formally dressed man and woman had been assigned to wait at the estate gates.

Seeing Jisoo, the two of them smiled pleasantly, then they walked up to her quickly. 

The man greeted, "This humble one, Henry, is the butler of the General estate."

The woman next to him followed up, "This maid is Jessy, her Highness' personal stewardess. We have been waiting here for the arrival of the great master as ordered, please follow this maid. Her Highness and the General are waiting for you in the main hall."

Hearing that, Lisa understood right away: Well! We were going separate ways again... It's only obvious that the Grand General and the Royal Highness weren't that easy to meet.

Jisoo gave her horsetail whisk a swish, "You've been troubled."

She followed Jessy inside, and Rose naturally followed after Jisoo's footsteps too.

The remaining two brothers and physician Jill stood behind Lisa and Jennie, who stayed standing side by side.

Butler Henry watched Jessy and Jisoo leave until they disappeared behind the wall, then he finally said to Lisa, "Master Manoban, this one has already prepared rooms for the few of you to rest in. Please follow this one..."

Lisa nodded to express her regards, "Many thanks."

The estate's arrangement was considerably kind; Lisa's group wasn't further separated by grades and ranks again.

Henry led Lisa and the others towards the northwest corner for about half an hour. 

They walked through a small garden and an archway, arriving in an independent courtyard.

There were a total of three houses in the courtyard: one main room, and two wing-rooms on the east and west. 

Looks like it was a courtyard reserved for guests.

Henry bowed towards Lisa, then he said, "For the days ahead, may the few of you stay in this courtyard. Once you have settled down, two guards will be assigned to this archway to keep the courtyard safe for twenty-four hours a day. If any of you need anything, feel free to tell them. This humble one will do my best to fulfil everyone's requests. Other than that... the two of you do not seem to have servant girls around. Should a few servant girls be sent to this courtyard to attend to you?"

Jennie looked at Lisa. 

The latter mused for a moment, then she replied, "I'll trouble the butler to send two young ladies here, then."

"Understood, this one will do so right now."

"Thank you."

Henry said to Lisa again, "Your luggages will be moved into the courtyard in a while. If the few of you wish to walk around in the estate, please do so with the lead of servant girls or the guards, to prevent any accidental non-evasion."

'Evasion' was a type of offense written in the kingdom's laws. 

The full name was 'the offense of non-evasion', and it referred to people with low statuses offending or colliding with someone of a higher status outside of their own residence.

That's why streets are cleaned and gongs are sounded when court officials are travelling. 

That was to prevent impudent common folks from accidentally committing 'the offense of non-evasion'.