41

Fort Tryon Province suddenly became very lively.

A famous traveling merchant group had returned to the province from deep within the desert, and they brought back with them a strange legend...

The person in charge of the group had returned with a scroll.

Apparently, the group of merchants lost their way in the desert one day.

Wild winds erupted suddenly; they blew the sand up into the sky, blotting out the sun.

All of them had nearly been buried alive, but upon waking up, they discovered some sort of ruin.

Within the ruins were scattered human bones, and one of the skeletons' hands was curled around this scroll of parchment.

"In the scroll, it was recorded that... Well, this one isn't sure about the rest of the story, but I heard that it was a treasure map? It's spreading widely throughout all of the inns, tea houses, and taverns in Fort Tryon City right now!"

After listening to Gojo's recount, Jennie and Lisa exchanged a smile.

Gojo continued, "That treasure map apparently shows the location of the treasure room of a foreign king that had already fallen, and the treasures within are too many to count. Though, that leader who brought the scroll back disappeared after releasing this information. Are the Master and Madam interested? Should this one go and ask around for more information?"

"Wife, are you interested?" Lisa asked Jennie.

"Since it's such a peculiar story, it'll be good to hear what comes next."

"Go and find out more, then." Lisa said to Gojo.

"Understood, this one will continue to be on the lookout, and this one will return immediately once there is new information."

"Mm, go ahead." Lisa simply said.

"Understood, this humble one will leave now."

***

A few days later...

Gojo brought a piece of information with him excitedly.

He told Lisa that he had already found clear information. 

The head of the merchant group was Mr. Terry, and his friends on the road all call him Beedle.

Beedle had been hiding for a while, and after thinking over it, he felt that this wasn't the way. He decided to just throw out this hot potato and let whoever's capable catch it instead...

"So how do people catch it?" Lisa asked.

"Three days later, by the old Changting stud farm, Beedle will let someone else have the map to a treasure vault. But it won't be for nothing... Whoever offers the most silver will be able to attain this scroll."

Lisa furrowed her brows, "Could it be a stunt? We don't even know if it's real or fake yet, what if we get scammed?"

"It won't be, it won't be, rest assured, Master! This one has already asked around. Beedle's family has been living in the province for generations; his father and his grandfather were both solid and honest men. They're famous on the road; both of them had ultimately died in the desert. If Beedle wasn't the one who brought that scroll back, no one would believe it. Master, should we go and check things out?"

"Sure. Is there any way to get in?"

Gojo laughed a few times. 

He took out two red invitation cards from his chest, then he presented it to Lisa, "Master, have a look."