24

"...Lisa, don't make this kind of joke. It's fine to mess around in the day, but don't come into my room in the middle of the night just to make this kind of joke."

Lisa stood up in a flash, "You don't believe me, do you?"

"What you're saying is too absurd. I can't believe it with just a few words from you. How can you prove that it's true?"

"Hah... Isn't that easy?"

Lisa took a look around.

She estimated that her inventory might knock into the tables and chairs if she opened it here, hence she took Jennie's wrist, "Come with me, we're going somewhere else."

Jennie's fine brows knitted slightly, but she did not say anything against it.

What Lisa said was too astonishing; Jennie couldn't believe it at all.

But Lisa did not look like she was lying or drunk out of her mind, hence Jennie decided to just go with Lisa and find out what was going on.

"Wait for a moment, let me get some clothes."

"Mm."

Lisa let go of Jennie, then the latter quickly put on an outer garment and draped a cloak over herself. She followed Lisa to the window.

Lisa pushed the window open slowly, then she leapt out with ease.

She turned around and stood in front of the window, then she kept the window panel up with her head as she lifted Jennie out from the room.

Lisa led Jennie out from the courtyard by the hand, then she headed towards her own room by following the same cobblestone path she came from.

Late at night, a gust of sea wind mixed with humid air made Lisa shudder.

The cold wind felt even colder on her sweat-covered skin.

Lisa's mind cleared up a little.

The big 'changing of times' problem gave her quite the torment today, and it still gnawed at her at night.

All that she could think about was finding Jennie.

With the combined work of the night and alcohol, Lisa felt lonely like never before.

She deeply yearned to find someone who could truly understand her and pour her heart out to them.

Some of Lisa's logic returned to her thanks to the gust of cold wind.

Sensing the warmth of Jennie's hand travelling through hers, she turned and looked back at her.

Jennie was just following her so quietly.

Once Lisa looked at her, Jennie gave her a little smile in return.

Lisa couldn't help but ask herself silently: to just completely reveal a secret that's beyond the cognition of this era without any warning like that, can Jennie handle it? What should I do if she can't handle it? But... things have already reached this point. Am I going to retreat now?

She might as well say it...

It'll prevent the need to be over-cautious when building the small estate in the future, and any discord that might occur when she reveals some 'slip-up's.

"Nini." Lisa called quietly.

"Mm?"

"You... Are you ready? If... When you hear everything I have to say, you... I don't want to lose you."