32

Manoban Residence

Lisa took out the wine decanter she received when she bought the grape wine, then she poured about a bottle of wine into it.

While the wine was left to breathe, she took off her disguise, had a bath, and then she headed right into the kitchen to make two servings of lamb chop with red wine sauce.

Terribly hungry, Lisa felt that lamb chops alone might not be enough, hence she asked the kitchen to cook up a few more dishes.

They were served to the room along with the lamb chops and rice.

Once she had arranged the utensils and wine glasses neatly, Lisa poured wine for Jennie like the waiters in western restaurants, then she bowed and said, "Please enjoy the meal, lovely lady."

Under the candlelight, Jennie smiled elegantly.

Unable to look away, Lisa muttered, "My lady, may I take a photo of you?"

Recalling the meaning of 'photograph' as Lisa told her, Jennie nodded with a slight smile.

Lisa blinked, saving this wonderful moment in time.

Lisa sat down in front of Jennie, then she raised her wine glass, "Come, let's have a toast. Raise your wine glass... knock it against mine~."

"Clink" went their glasses.

Following Lisa's example, Jennie took a small sip of red wine.

"Try the lamb chop, how does it taste? I don't cook often back on earth, this is one of the few dishes I can make."

Lisa had sliced the lamb chop into bite-sized pieces beforehand.

Jennie picked up her chopsticks, then she put a piece of lamb chop into her mouth.

It blended perfectly with the red wine, and there was also a hint of sea salt.

"It is crisp and fragrant on the outside, juicy and tender on the inside, with a delicious flavour that lingers in the mouth. It's a rare delicacy~." Jennie praised.

"Thank you! If you like it, I can make it for you often!"

"Alright~." Jennie gave a soft smile.

She considered if she should learn to cook something delicious too, to 'reciprocate' with Lisa?

Just as Lisa was about to eat, she paused all of a sudden.

She swallowed her saliva, and she put down her chopsticks.

Compared to trying delicious food, there was something else that Lisa wanted to do more...

"Now that I think about it, it's my first time formally treating you to a meal. I want to give you the full experience. For nicer western restaurants on earth, they would usually have music playing in the background... Like piano, or violin played right next to you. The least they could do is a guitar solo. It's a shame that I haven't learned to play any musical instrument before; my family conditions didn't allow for that when I was young. I had only learned how to play 'Little Star' on the recorder, and there are no recorders here either. Maybe... I could sing you a song while I haven't started eating yet."

Jennie put down her chopsticks, then she said with pleasure, "I'll listen with open ears."

Lisa revealed a slightly embarrassed smile.

She cleared her throat, then she sang...

"When it comes to you, baby, I'm addicted.
You're like a drug, no rehab can fix it
I think you're perfect, baby, even with your flaws
You ask what I like about you, ooh, I love it all
When it comes to you, baby, I'm addicted
You're like a drug, no rehab can fix it
I think you're perfect, baby, even with your flaws
You ask what I like about you, oh, I love it all~."