12

Lisa had no time to be shocked at all; she was already lost in it.

Extremely parched, Lisa worked her numb and powerless body desperately to demand more.

The spring waters extinguished the flames in her throat, and its sweet and refreshing taste revitalized her spirits.

This was the sweetest elixir Lisa had ever had in her life...

Jennie gave water very slowly as she feared that Lisa would choke, but the latter was already impatient, and she was actually hurrying her by moving her lips...

Jennie turned red in the face.

She let go of Lisa's face to grab the smooth and silky brocade blanket instead.

She grasped it, then she grasped it again.

She gripped it, then she gripped again.

There were already small beads of sweat on Jennie's forehead.

She had finally finished delivering one mouthful of water.

She got up, but she met Lisa's 'insatiable' eyes.

"I want more..."

"Nini, give me."

"Nini, I'm so thirsty."

... ...

... ...

... ...

"Alright, wait for me."

... ...

After three consecutive cups of water, Lisa revealed a sated expression, and she was in much better spirits than before too.

Jennie wanted to just find a crack in the ground and crawl into it.

She had to keep assuring herself that this was an emergency in order to suppress the urge to escape.

Lisa rested for a while more.

She felt that she was in a much better state now than when she just woke up, but she could only manage to move her toes a little.

She couldn't move her legs and arms at all.

And so, she said to Jennie, "Nini, can you help me out?"

"Sure, what do you need?"

"Carry me to that side... the empty space in the very middle of the room. Put me down on the floor."

"What is that for?"

"Trust me. Just put me there, alright?"

Jennie took a look at the silver needles on Lisa, then she said with a troubled look, "But I might not be able to carry you. I could try carrying you on my back, but you have needles on you. It's to stop the flow of poison, so they can't be plucked out... Perhaps I should still call someone in for help?"

"Don't!" Lisa stopped Jennie without any hesitation. 

Her inventory was a mystery of mysteries to the people of this world; if it gets exposed, the results would be too horrifying to imagine.

Jennie was the only person here who Lisa could one hundred percent trust, but she still didn't want her to know about this right now.

At least, not until she had decided to leave or stay and gave Jennie a sure answer.

Lisa would not reveal her cards to Jennie yet; there were some things that were fine for her to endure alone.

"Nini, I only trust you. Don't call anyone else here."