2

My horse was caught.

I wanted to cut off the lasso with my dagger, but the bandit moved even faster.

He struck some spot on the horse with his hilt, then it toppled over just like that.

My dagger was right within my sleeve.

A researcher of the research lab had said that it was a weapon that could slice metals as if it were mud.

At that moment, the bandit was already very close to me. I could see his fully bearded and unkempt face, his greedy and cruel eyes, and his yellowed teeth once he grinned.

I can fully able pull out my dagger, make a leap, and end his life in an instant, but I hesitated.

My hand that gripped the dagger was covered in cold sweat.

I gripped it to the death, but I still did not make my next move.

All of the combat techniques I learned on Time island resurfaced in my mind one by one, but I just couldn't move...

I am afraid.

I'm not afraid of the bandit in front of me, but of killing people.

But because of just one moment of hesitation, I missed my best chance.

I watched as the bandit licked his dried lips, then I felt a flash of pain on the top of my head and my vision went red for an instant.

My mind went blank, or perhaps I had fainted.

When I woke up, I vaguely heard a different rugged voice growl, "Didn't I say not to shed blood? If the 'hard tiger' notices the bloodstains, you better watch your skin!"

The bandit laughed apologetically for a while.

Finding a dagger in my sleeve, he gave me a few kicks and cursed, "You dog, you actually hid a friend on you!"

"Boss, please look. This one had a good eye, that dog wasn't skinny at all. He had this dagger..."

"Hmm? That is good stuff, I'll take it."

"Of course. This dog still has some silver pieces on him..."

"It's yours."

"Many thanks to the boss!"

That bandit returned again to tie my hands and feet with hemp rope...

I blearily heard his humming, along with the boss's bark, "Can't keep anything to yourself, can you! Are scraps like these worth getting so happy over?"

"Hehe, this one just won the first prize, so victory will be certain later.'

"Hurry up and clean up the blood! House Stark submitted 'one class' of silver for the annual revenue this year. Added with the stuff from the other fat pigs, there's two classes in total! Once we're done with this job, we won't have to work anymore for the rest of our lives! If we failed because of you, the big boss will cut you up alive!"

My heart seized.

House Stark's... Annual revenue...?

Jennie...!

Two bandits threw me into a snow pit, then they covered me with some snow too.

I heard the two of them talk, "Is he dead yet? Maybe we should just get a rope and strangle him to death."