19

Jennie looked towards the direction that Lisa pointed at.

There was a mountain peak standing a distance away. 

Due to the recent rain, the mountain peak was hidden in a thick fog. 

Signs of green climbed up from the foot of the mountain, fading in color as they go. 

It started to become indistinct halfway up the mountain, and it was less visible the higher she looked.  

This mountain's appearance fits the word 'hidden' perfectly.

Jennie's beautiful eyes roamed. 

Generous with words of praise, she smiled and said, "Husband has made an excellent use of the word 'hidden'. The beauty of this mountain... is very refined."

Hearing that from her master, Alison put her head out too. 

She followed Jennie's gaze and saw a grey and foggy mountain.

Alison mumbled to herself, "It's just a dull mountain, how could this kind of scenery warrant such praise from the lady."  

Alice took a look outside too. She smiled a little, and she said nothing.

Jennie was in a great mood, so she did not fuss with Alison.

Since they were out on a trip, she did not have to be concerned with her dignity as a 'Lady' either.

She poked Alison's forehead as she said with a hard look, "What a downer, putting a wet blanket with the first word you say. If I knew that this would happen, I should have left you at home and take Rose out instead."  

"Lady..." Alison called miserably.

Jennie shared a look with Alice, then both of them started to laugh.

Alison finally realized that she was being teased by the usually serious Lady, and it was in front of an outsider too. 

Her face flushed red at once, and she mustered her courage to say, "The world is filled with countless things, each with countless differences. It's the same for people! The lady and the young master think that a grey and plain mountain is beautiful, but this maid doesn't think so. This maid just thinks that flatbread fried in lard smells great— this maid would rather have two pieces of fried flatbread than look at a bare mountain with an empty stomach, hmph!"

Riding outside of the carriage, Lisa heard Alison's words too. 

She laughed heartily, then she chimed in, "Alison is right. Carrots or cabbages, everyone has their preferences."

Jennie laughed for a while behind her hand too, "Who would've thought that the two of you would be on the same wavelength one day? Alright, don't say that anymore... A big servant girl of the great House Stark, talking about fried flatbread and an empty stomach all the time. Those who know can tell that you're sulking, but those who don't will think that you're being mistreated in my estate. Here then... it's all yours!"

Jennie took out a food box from underneath the small table as she spoke, then she pushed it towards Alison, "Take it, take it! It's all yours."

Alison opened the food box without any reservations. 

It had four tiers in total, and there were four spaces in each tier that contained various kinds of exquisite pastries, a mouth-watering sight.

Alison swallowed her saliva. 

Although she didn't have to worry about food and clothes in her daily life by Jennie's side, she did not get to eat treats like pastries very often. It depended on her master's mood.