20

As dusk fell around them, the group arrived in the next city— the Gulltown.

House Stark owned inns in this city too. 

Lisa did not need to go through any trouble.

Jennie had already settled their accommodations for the entire journey. 

Lisa had only learned about this when she entered the city...

Once Lisa's group entered the city, they could see a store clerk standing at the city gates, looking around for someone.

He walked quickly up to Jennie horse carriage once he saw it. 

He stopped in front of Lisa's horse, then he gave a courtesy with his hands, "May this one ask if you are Master Manoban from Winterfell?"

"Yes."

"Aigo, this one's waiting has finally paid off. Our manager sent this one to watch the city gate since dawn. This one is called Tenger, a waiter of the Cloud Gathering inn. The rooms, food, wine, and hot water are already prepared for everyone, please come with this one."

"...Thank you."

Lisa gave a somewhat bitter look towards the horse carriage. 

She didn't need a clue to know who exactly made these arrangements! 

She might have already instructed the house servant to give notices along the way as he delivered the letter to her big sister.

Although it saved a lot of fuss for her, doesn't this mean that she had no chances to show off at all?!

And besides, if everything was arranged neatly, could this still be called travelling?

At this point, Lisa couldn't really oppose it, hence she just sighed in her heart: I guess rich people are the same in any world...

Once they reached the inn, the horse carriage was handed to a store clerk.

The manager came out in person and welcomed the crowd inside. 

The best room was reserved for Jennie and Lisa of course, and even Alison had a room of her own...

Lisa's four guards had their own private rooms too.

"Young master, the hot water has already been carried to each of your rooms. This is our menu, please have a look... Dinner should be ready by the time you complete your bath."

Lisa took a look of resignation towards the stairs. 

Alison had helped Jennie to the second floor once they entered the inn. 

There were still other guests in the main hall, and they were looking towards Lisa with a seeking gaze...

Lisa ordered two dishes that Jennie liked to eat, and two of the dishes that she liked to eat. 

After that, she handed the menu to Alice, "All of you have a look too, what do you want to eat tonight?"

Alice was evidently a little surprised. 

Even the manager and the four guards looked at Lisa strangely, but Lisa was utterly unaware of it. 

Although she was already working hard to integrate into this society, the manners that she was raised to have wasn't something that she could throw away so easily.

Alice pressed her lips together a little, then she ordered tofu stewed in mince pork and a vegetable dish.

Lisa took the menu and handed it to the four guards next, "All of you have had a long day on horseback, see if there's anything you like. Feel free to order more."