52

Supporting her head up with one hand, Lisa patted the space next to her, "Come here~."

Jennie's face flushed pink instantly. 

She shot Lisa a look, but it only brought a series of silly giggles from the latter instead.

To Lisa, Jennie's gaze held no threat at all. 

Instead, it looked rather cute.

Lisa simply decided to get down the bed and slip on her shoes, then she went to the vanity to help Jennie brush her hair. 

She had already dried her hair for her earlier, but the ends of her hair still needed some brushing.

Once her hair was neat and tidy, Lisa pulled Jennie back to the bed, "Lie down, I'll go and blow out the lights."

Once Jennie had laid down properly, Lisa went to blow out the candles.

Darkness fell over the room. 

It was presently the beginning of the seventh month; there was only a very slim crescent moon in the middle of the sky. 

Its faint light dimly covered the land.

Lisa felt her way to the bed. 

She rolled a little inside, until she could hug Jennie.

Holding the beautiful woman in her arms, she let out a content sigh, "I missed you so much."

Jennie remained silent. She just hugged Lisa back.

Unsatisfied, Lisa landed a kiss on Jennie's forehead, then she said guiltily, "I still missed your birthday in the end. I guess I've finally experienced what is called 'beyond one's ability' now..."

"There's still a lot of time ahead~, there's no need to be bothered over trifles."

Lisa pouted, then she asked in a spoiled way, "Did you miss me?"

"Hmm~?"

"...This humble wife's heart is like yours, and yours like mine."

Lisa wanted to pinch Jennie's cheek, but she ended up pinching her nose instead, "We're both women, what humble wife? If you act like this again... I'll have to address myself as this humble wife from now on, okay?"

Jennie gave Lisa's arm a light slap.

Lisa let go of her hand, then Jennie said as if she didn't know whether to laugh or cry, "This is just a self-address. Even as the first wife of the estate, mother would occasionally address herself as 'this humble wife' too."

Lisa 'fought back' right away, "But 'this humble wife' feels that~ A self-address like 'this humble wife' has a degrading tone to it~ Isn't it good to address ourselves as 'I'? Can't women be their own 'self'?"

Hearing the words that Lisa spoke with a controlled pitch, Jennie could feel goosebumps rising, and a chill ran up her spine.

"What's the matter? Did you feel that what 'this humble wife' said makes a lot of sense?"

"...Alright, I get it!"

"Hehe. Speaking of mom, I can pass some of mom's teachings to you now..."

After that, Lisa told Jennie about what Ruby told her before she left. 

She told her about what happened during the birthday banquet too.

Missing her mother, Jennie secretly wiped her tears away a few times.

When she learned that her mother had actually convinced Otto to make a courtesy name for Lisa, Jennie said from the bottom of her heart, "Mom rarely has contact with outside men... She wouldn't have gone so far if she doesn't consider you as her own child."