34

"Lady, we're finally home. Master Stark and Madam must miss you so much."  

"That's right. Come and greet mother with me."

"Mm."

Lisa shook her head in resignation. 

Looks like Alison really couldn't compare to Rose in this respect, but Lisa had considered that their small estate plan would definitely be a path that includes 'betraying one's family'. 

Jennie would basically have to cut her past off at some point. 

Alison had grown up with Jennie after all; having someone like that by her side would soothe her emotions somewhat.

"Bring that case down, slowly..." 

Lisa instructed the four guards to bring down a case from the horse carriage, then the four of them carried the case on wooden poles as they walked towards the estate.

Seeing that people were coming towards the door, the house servant on door duty took a careful look, then he went "Aigo" and said, "The lady and the young master are back. The two of you, come and welcome them with me. You go and report in the inner courtyard."  

Three house servants jumped down the platform, then they raced towards Lisa's group. 

They stopped five steps away from Jennie, then they kneeled on one knee and greeted, "Respectfully welcoming the lady, the young master."

"Stand up now, all of you."

Jake came forward with a smile, "The lady and the young master have returned, please forgive us for the lack of a proper welcome after your long journey. John has already gone inside to report your return."

"Mm. Husband has returned with gifts, the few of you go over there and give them a hand."

"Understood!"

Lisa put her hand up for a moment, "There's no need for that. The case is heavy, just let the few of them carry it. There is still some luggage in the horse carriage, the few of you can help us bring it out and then put away the carriage and horses."

"Understood!"

Ruby was the only one present in the estate.

Eddard had gone out early in the morning, and he was not back yet. 

Ruby was presently transcribing scriptures in the 'Incense Offering Room', praying for Jennie and Lisa to have a child soon. 

She had been doing this for a very long time, and she would transcribe a scripture at least once each day. 

This was her only concern these days.

Hearing the servant girl's report, Ruby was very happy. 

She smiled as she said, "I'll be right there." 

Though, she did not stop writing. 

She only put down her brush once she was done, then she got up and walked out of the hall in a hurry.

"Go and welcome them for me, then take them to the main hall. I'll wait for them there."

"Understood."

The servant girl went to fulfil her order. 

Ruby had the smile of a loving mother on her face as she walked to the main hall with the support of another servant girl.  

Inside the estate, a crowd of servants kneeling at the entrance welcomed them back. 

Lisa instructed the house servants to deliver the case to Jennie's study and put it at the door.