71

Lisa and Jennie set off among the crowd's reluctant gazes, riding away in a horse carriage full of gifts.

After five days of thinking, Lisa still couldn't get over the pass in her heart.

Although she had no way to learn about the kingdom's history or what Daphne's final ending will be, at this very moment... Daphne was like a younger sister to her, and she was a mentally impaired young woman.

But it was just like what Jennie said, they had no say in matters of the imperial family.

After multiple struggles with herself, Lisa picked up her brush and wrote a letter to the Grand Eldest Princess as cultivator Jisoo's direct disciple, 'Tong Su'.

In her letter, Lisa started by apologizing to the Eldest Princess for accidentally hearing about this matter, then she went on from the point of cultivator Jisoo's relationship with the General estate by thanking her sincerely for witnessing the ceremony... 

That could count as pulling the relationship between two sides to the closest point.

After that, she changed the topic... She earnestly expressed her opinion that it was not actually suitable for Daphne to marry into the capital city.

Lisa filled out two entire pages analysing this issue from different angles. 

Once she was done, she asked Jennie to review and polish it.

After that, she rewrote it on high quality paper. 

She placed her letter in an envelope, sealed it with wax, then she took out the jade slip that the Eldest Princess gave last time and tasked Gojo to deliver the letter to the baron's estate.

That was the most that Lisa could do for this issue... 

In Jennie's words, Lisa's action might be slightly over the line, but it was understandable.

After sending this letter, Lisa felt much better inside too. 

She did not let down her friendship with the princess, at least. 

She had done the best she could.

Lisa drove the horse carriage out of the province and headed all the way North...

Lisa and Jennie were originally planning to travel in disguise and claim that Jennie was still staying in the Fort Tryon, but since Jisoo had given her word, they couldn't carry out the original plan.

Though, Lisa still disguised Jennie as a man for more convenience and safety.

For the first dozen or so days, they had to travel in the rain pretty much every day, but once they left the boundary, the weather cleared up instead. 

It was bright and sunny for another dozen or so days...

Logically, it should be the southwest that's hot and dry in this season while the northeast was frequented with rain. 

Unexpectedly, the weather had been reversed instead.

Lisa and Jennie travelled at their own pace, making stops from time to time.

By the time they reached the Yun province where Selena lived, it was already past noon, hence Jennie suggested staying in an inn inside the city first.

They could send a visiting card another afternoon, since it'd be more appropriate to agree on a date first.

Most importantly: Lisa had been the one driving the carriage the entire way. 

Jennie's heart ached for Lisa; she wanted her to have a chance to rest.