11. His eyes were shining

I fell asleep watching TikTok and last thing I noticed is one of them taking me upstairs to my bed. First night in my new room and I can't even get up there myself, but at least maybe I get some good sleep.

And I was right I woke up by myself. No Carlos entering in room and opening blinds. That made me think that they might have left somewhere since it was 11am, and by now someone of them would wake me up.

I went downstairs and saw Carlos alone, he was making breakfast. "Oh, hey. Good morning." - He said and I rubbed my eyes leaning on counter standing beside him.

"Good morning." – I yawned looking at his moves. He was really quick and experienced at this as you can see.

"I didn't expect you to wake up for another hour or two." - He broke silence continuing on his work. "Well, I got good sleep after all. I slept whole night without waking up. I am really happy about it." - After few seconds he spoke.

"I am glad to hear that. I am happy that you are recovering and that you gave life a chance." - He looked at me leaning on counter next to oven.

I smiled and looked down on the floor, away from him. I looked back and he still had his eyes on me.

"What?" - I laughed out seeing his face. He looked so cute and so confused at the same time. "Charles and I have something to tell you." - He breathed out looking revealed to say that.

"What?" - I got scared. Million thoughts ran through my head in that moment. I didn't know what to expect.

"We are leaving in two days." - He said it so quickly, I needed time to process it. "What?" - I repeated. "Why? Where?" - I had so many questions.

"We have race in Abu Dhabi, it's the end of the season. We have test, on 18th, qualy on 19th and then on 20th November there is race. But we have to be there 15th." - He explained. I didn't know anything about formula one so this is the first time to hear about this three day cycle.

"So... Is this bad or good for me?" – I asked bringing my hands up to my chest. "Well, we wanted you to come with us. We want to show you a bit of the world. And you'll have a chance to meet another drivers. You'll have more people on your side." - He spoke and I considered it. I didn't know what to do or say.

"Of course, we would pay everything for you. And you'll get separate room in hotel. We have extra suitcases. All you have to do is come with us and we'll take care of you." - He stepped closer to me and I faced him.

His eyes were shining. He had little lights in his pupils. I feel like he really wants me to go with them. "You already did too much for me. I'll never find a way to return the favor." – I am considering denying it, and going at my sisters for a few days until they don't come back. But there is problem with her as well.

"The only way you can return as everything is if you go with us. Come on it'll be fun. You will be bored here on your own. I swear our friends are so nice and funny. It is never bored with them." - He finished.

"Boring?" - I said. "What?" - He sounded even more confused than before. "You said 'it is never bored' the correct way is 'it is never boring.'" - I explained and he nodded. "Yeah, sorry. My english... It is never boring with them. Is what I wanted to say. But yeah, I would like you to come along." - He got it right and I smiled. "Okay then, if I won't be bored, then I would like to come with you." - I smiled and raised his arms up in victory.

"Yes! I can't wait for you to meet all our friends." - He said and got back to cooking. I just know there is going to be a lot of people and I hate crowds. I hate bunch of people. I hate more than 15 people in one place.

Carlos noticed change on my face. "What's wrong? Are you all right?" - He turned his attention to me once again. "I don't really like being around a lot of people." - I felt kind of bad for saying that. I sound like spoiled child.

"Oh don't worry, you'll be down in pit with engineers and our team. You won't be on tribunes. If that's what you're scared of. And I am sure you will like our friends even more. Especially Lando. He was my teammate in McLaren. Until I switched to Ferrari and met the guy I am living with right now." - He continued making meal and talking to me.

"Ferrari isn't your first team?" – I asked continuing on conversation. "No, god no. I have been in McLaren, Renault, Toro Rosso and now Ferrari, I changed a lot of them." - He answered. "Wow, you must know a lot of people then. And all of their strategies. I mean one time you are in one team then you switch and you are competing against your old teammate and team who helped you win." – I saw his face turn down.

"Of course, there is benefit to it I am sure. You surely met a lot of amazing people who are you friends now with." – I tried to change the topic. "No matter how many team you change, your teammate is your biggest enemy but yeah... I did meet a lot of amazing people. And I am grateful for them. As I am grateful for saving and meeting you." - He slowly turned to me before he finished with his sentence.