19. He ran towards her

We got to the Ferrari paddock after a security check and parking. Charles came over to us when we got out of the cars and we walked there together. But he was very quiet whole time.

Carlos showed me McLaren paddock because that's where I'll be meeting with my camera man. They had short meeting and soon after I was with Charles alone. I don't know where Carlos went.

"Hey, is everything alright?" - I finally asked and he looked at me. "Yeah. I am just under a lot of stress because of Sunday. It's just practice today and I am under so much pressure. And even if I don't mess up on race. It can be some mechanical problem I am sure." - He sat next to me. This is the most he has talked since last night.

"Well, don't be such a pessimist, I believe in you Charles. And so much does everyone in this paddock. I am sure they won't let some little mechanic problem ruin their driver's title. And you can't make a mistake if you believe in yourself." - I assured him trying to sound as convincible as I could.

He looked and smiled at me. "Thank you." - I pulled my hands out suggesting him a hug. He fell to my arms and because he wasn't close enough I barely held his hands in my arms. "That's not what I wanted but okay..." - I wanted proper hug, not keeping him in my arms and trying not to let him fall.

"But it's what I want." - I looked down at him and he was serious. I thought he was joking.

Carlos interrupted and my time to meet with camera man soon came. I met him and he was nice. He was probably few years older than me and his name was Josh. He gave me microphone and told me how to introduce myself properly and other things.

I started tour around paddocks and I met every single driver. The ones that I like the most, are Lando as Carlos said he would be, Daniel and Lewis. I like their personalities. I love Daniel's humor and that he doesn't take anything for serious. Lando for staying teenager even if I think he wasn't but he looked and acted like one. And I loved Lewis' calmness. I loved how he talked, his tone while he answered questions.

When I interviewed Charles, he acted professional as he should but Carlos on the other hand... It was hardtop interview him. He joked around and didn't stop staring at me. But we managed it to the end. Practice was good. No crashed or accidents. There was one mechanical problem with Williams. I think it was Nicholas Latifi. Or Goatifi as they called him.

That night was dinner with all drivers and Carlos called me to go with them as they will bring their friends with them too. I talked to Lando more than I did to others. I loved how he was still a child in soul. I like those people.

...

"It's lights out and away we go." - I heard in my headphones watching TV in Ferrari garage. My cameraman was behind. His camera turned off for now. We were watching and honestly I was so stressed for Charles. He is starting first and Max second. Carlos was 4th but that was good enough.

Every lap I got more and more nervous. On 20 something lap Carlos' car had issues so he had to stop. There was yellow flag for few minutes before it all got to normal again.

Nicholas Latifi also went off the road and crashed in the wall but it was nothing serious so they continued on. "Are you okay?" - I asked as Carlos walked in garage putting on headphones.

"Physically? Yes. Mentally? Not really." - He watched TV with us and the end was closer and closer. But eventually Charles won his first championship. "Oh my god! He won!" - I almost yelled. Everyone in garage started jumping and cheering. "Yes! Vamos Charles!" - Carlos was happy for him too and I was very glad that they have such strong friendship.

"Come on, we have to go out there!" - I said to Josh and Carlos went with us leaving headphones. We ran towards him and Carlos helped me get over the fence to his car.

I jumped down running towards him as Carlos was helping Josh get over by holding his camera. His car was behind number one sign. I stopped few feet away as he kept on cheering on a car. He took his helmet off and looked at me. I teared up from happiness.

He ran towards me. Literally ran. Our bodies collided and because he ran into me he placed his hand on my lower back keeping us together.