21. She lusted for more

I found Charles and he looked at me blankly. "Where were you? I hoped to see you when we opened champagne and when I raised trophy." - He walked with me towards the location we were supposed to sit and film interview.

"I was in bathroom. I am sorry I got emotional and I was afraid that my make-up got ruined. I am sorry I missed it." – I said as we were sitting down and as Josh was setting camera.

"And five, four, three, two..." - Josh said as he signaled that he started filming.

"Here we are with our 2022 World Champion, Charles Leclerc. Charles I am sure you are under positive stress right now. You are under so much emotions, but what did you feel in a car when you knew that you are this season's World Champion?" - I asked and brought microphone to him.

"Well, yes as you said it is positive stress. I mean it is a dream come true for me, winning a championship, especially with Ferrari. In that moment I remembered my dad, and how he believed in me whole time, how he made me go in kart when I wanted to give up when something wasn't going my way, but yeah I felt really emotional, there were few happy and sad tears as well..." – He laughed and I smiled at him.

"Of course, you had your expectations set high at the start of the season, but there were some downfalls. Did you think that even with them you could've won championship?" - I once again brought microphone to him.

Every time I was asking the question he was looking at me in awe and it was really hard to concentrate.

"Yeah, there were some bad moments, even in this race, I thought like, 'shit this mistake will cost me a lot', but I have a friend who believes in me, and she told me that before practice on friday and it just stuck to me for the whole weekend. I think that if she didn't stop believing in me, why should I... So after some of the mistakes on this race I wanted to give up but I took things in my own hands and just pushed more and more, until I saw that checkered flag." - He smiled and my smile faded away.

God, this cannot be happening to me... First Carlos thinks about me whole morning and tells me how he could not wait to kiss me, and now Charles saying how he thought about me whole weekend.

But difference between them is that Carlos is a private man, he never kissed me or made any dangerous move that could give something away, while Charles is kind of the guy to take risks. Like he did today.

"Well, thank you for your time Mr. Leclerc. And we congratulate you one more time." - I said after few more questions and he nodded smiling. "Thank you for being here." - And interview ended.

"Your dad would be proud of how much you sacrificed to be here Charles... I am proud of you for achieving your dream." - I softly spoke and I saw his eyes tear up. He stood up from his stool and hugged me.

I felt warm tear fall on my back as I rubbed his back. "I hope those are happy tears." - He laughed in my neck and we pulled away from hug. "Oh they are." - He wiped tears away from his face.

Josh is gone by now, and me and Charles walked back to paddock to take our things and then go back to the hotel.

We were in his car and it was pretty chill. I didn't feel awkward even if I thought I would because he kissed me today in front of millions of people. I at least thought we would talk about it but I am sure he will say something like that 'it was rush of emotions' and he didn't mean it.

"Do you want to go with us to the club tonight? We are out to celebrate." - He suggested and I assumed that by 'we' he thought about other drivers and his friends.

"No thanks, I am too tired it was just busy day but I will make it up to you. We will celebrate I promise." – His face expression fell but I really couldn't. I was so tired form all this. I wanted to go home while I still can and not end up drunk and barely walking towards our hotel.