23. They were gone too

In the morning I woke up by little movements. When I opened my eyes I saw Carlos scrolling through his phone still laying on my chest. "You could've tagged me." – I heard him say but didn't turn around his head to me.

"I thought you didn't want that." – I replied taking my phone. "Well I do." – We laid in silence on our phones when he finally got off my chest.

"Tonight there will be mini party at the pool in the hotel. Drivers will be there and some of their girlfriends and friends. Do you want to come along?" – I looked at him considering if I should go or not. "Yeah, why not."

"Great. I'll go now and I'll knock on your door tonight around 8pm. I have to go take a shower and do other things." – He got up turning his phone off leaning down and kissing my forehead. I smiled as he looked down at me.

"That was a cute picture." – He smiled and walked out of my hotel room. And that got me thinking. What is going on between us? I have no idea where we are? What will we be? What about Charles? What does the world think about us? Did someone find out that it was Carlos? But he didn't seem bothered by it anyway.

But did Charles see that story? They both kissed me on the same day. This is just too much for me. I forgot about it until I started seeing edits of Carlos. Sad ones. Cameras showed his face when Charles kissed me.

He seemed devastated. He blankly stared at us barely moving until he left. Carlos didn't even congratulate Charles. Maybe he did over messages but that's not the kind of relationship I thought they had when I met them.

And it is sort of my fault. I know that Carlos felt played. And I understood him completely.

None of this wouldn't have happened if I ended it all that night. They would be together now stuttering and barely walking because they got drunk last night. Carlos wouldn't walk away from his friend like that.

The only thing I can do is to keep myself away from them. But unfortunately I live with them. I don't love either of them in that way. Nor do I feel anything towards any of them.

But I can't hurt either of them. I care. I always care. And that's my problem. Well, one of them. I'll guess I'll just shut my mouth and see how things play out in the end.

I got up taking shower and finding swimsuit Carlos and Charles told me to bring because we were going to pools. There were few times when I felt uncomfortable in my body. Mostly when there is many people and I feel like I am being judged. But if I get drunk or have fun I forget about it.

I heard a knock on the door and there was Carlos in his swimsuit with towel over his shoulder smiling at me. "You look very beautiful." – I smiled at his compliment. "Thank you, Carlos." – He stepped in the room pushing me against the door and closing them with same move.

"We can be late, right?" – He pushed himself closer to me capturing me between the door and his body. I felt his hot breath on my neck as I lifted my head up breathing out in pleasure.

"No we can't." – I said after few moments and he looked at me. "But tonight... I may get drunk and we would have more fun than we are about to now..." – I teased and he thought about it as he stepped away from me. "Deal." – He smiled and I laughed as we walked to the pool.

People were already there. And I recognized Daniel, Max, and Lando with a girl. I assume she was his girlfriends because they were holding each other close. They looked so cute together. I decided to go over to them since I had pretty good talks with Lando for past three days.

We got into the conversation and she was so sweet. Her name is Luisinha and for short, Luisa. We went in pool. Just me and her without boys as they were speaking. We got in one corner and kept on talking. I didn't say too much about myself because I didn't want to bother her right now. And I didn't want to ruin the mood.

"Can I ask you something?" – I didn't know what to expect so I just nodded. "Are you and Carlos dating?" – She asked and I smiled at how curios she said it. "I mean sorry if you don't feel comfortable with it or you don't want to answer, but you two arrived together and since then, he didn't take his eyes off you." – She explained taking sip of her champagne.

"He did?" – I turned to see where he was and I saw him still talking to Lando. His eyes met mine but I looked away quickly. "Well, we are not dating no..." – I took a sip from my glass continuing on talking with Luisa. After a few minutes group of girls approached us. Not big one, there were only three girls.

They introduced themselves and so did we. "We are so sorry for what you had to go through. We want to let you know that we are here to support you." – Anna, redhead one, said as I stared at her blankly. I noticed Luisa's confused look.

"For what?" – I asked putting away my champagne glass, hoping that it isn't what I was thinking of. "You know. Attempted suicides, death of your mother..." – She stopped when I chuckled nervously. "That isn't me... You probably got the wrong person... I don't know who told you that." – I jumped in as soon as Luisa turned her face towards me with shocked expression.

"I am pretty sure it was you on that photo on web site. And you introduced yourself as Jenna Garcia, I am pretty sure it was you." – Liana continued. I felt sudden pain in my chest. It was getting hard to breathe.

My jaw started to shake as I was trying to speak and I felt my eyes tearing up as my vision was getting blurry. If Charles or Carlos did this... I swear, oh I swear they are never going to hear from me again... And I will make sure they don't save me this time.

I went out of the pool as I felt like I was going to pass out from lack of air in my lungs. The pain in my chest grew as my heart started pounding faster and faster.

Room was spinning and I didn't know where to hold on to. Cold breezes took over me as I looked around the room noticing Carlos standing. I only recognized him by the color of his swimsuit.

"Carlos..." – I whispered before everything went black. Nothing. I only heard distant sounds and within few seconds they were gone too. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A bit dramatic chapter but today's race in Abu Dhabi was stressful as hell. I am really happy that Charles got his well deserved P2 in championship after so many problems this year. It wasn't best race for Carlos but I am proud of them both. I am also glad that Ferrari kept their second place in constructors's. Thank god this cursed season wrapped up, I hope next one will be a little less stressul and better for Ferrari as I can't take anymore pain and stress from almsot every race. 

Seb's made me cry. Him doing donuts and his interviews was truly hearbreaking. I hope he will come back one day. he really is the legend of this sport. For Daniel I am happy he is still around but of course it won't be the same. It was tough race for Mick, but I will miss him as well. Hope to have him back someday. 

I also want to thank you all for support. I hope you will be happy with book and that it will cause you less stress than Ferrari this year. But it will be almost impossible to get to that point. Love you all. <3