Trust is dead

The beginning of a time of peace is usually considered the end of one war and the conclusion of peace between themselves and the rebuilding of their new empires

Lily Black had thought these people were idiots. Because what her eyes were seeing right now was not the beginning of peace, but the march from one war to another.

But the person she had to go to war with was the last person she would have wanted to go to war with. Stella Storm Snakov.

The shadows that flashed before the girl's eyes dazzled the girl's eyes.

Lily sighs softly to herself as she looks at the diagram drawn in front of her.

Something is not right here," mutters the girl, standing under her window and inviting Ash to her shoulder.

However, despite Lily's attempts to call the crow onto her shoulder, Ash stays away from the girl and watches as Lily quietly stands on the window ledge and quietly says, "I'm Lily Black."

Ash stares at the girl, head cocked to the side, watching as the girl gasps for air again and calls out into the dark night sky, "I AM Lily Black."

Ash snorts in annoyance at this and watches as the girl straightens her back even more and then shouts at the top of her voice, "I'm Lily Black. Queen and protector of ghosts and the most powerful empire. Hear my message, all of you, for if any of you dare to humiliate my subjects, you will feel the vengeance of the ghosts."

Ash flaps his wings noisily and flies onto Lily's shoulder as the girl mutters, "If you're ever so lucky to survive their attack."

Ash croaks tiredly and Lily mutters, "Something is very wrong here, Ash. Besides, your temper is getting to the limit of my patience."

Ash falls silent and moves closer to Lily as Lily continues, "I must be blind, Ash. I am missing some crazy little detail."

Lily is standing quietly by the edge of the window when she suddenly hears footsteps on the stone steps.

Her hand whips angrily against the crumbling stone wall as the girl nervously walks along the edge of the window. None of the details were adding up, and a new conflict was brewing between her team members.

Lily presses one hand against the wall and leans towards the window when suddenly she slips and she automatically turns her back towards the window.

But suddenly Lily's hand is grabbed, and as soon as the girl grabs the other hand, she waits for the image to step away from her and ask, "What were you thinking, Lily?"

But Lily doesn't turn her gaze to the image, and the boy crouches over her and gently asks, "What happened, Lily?"

Lily tries to walk away from Kro, but as soon as she's past Kro, Kro quietly mutters, "You're doing it again, Lily."

"Doing what? Again?" Lily asks dully.

"I think you know," Kro replies, crossing his arms over his chest.

"It's already the second week. And with the second week, there has been another attack. This time at the northern gates. And the strangest thing.... all successive attacks are related to Storm's arrival in Wendel. Call me crazy, but..." Lily says again, pacing back and forth along the edge of the stairs.

"I'd like to say you're going crazy from lack of sleep, but..." Kro says, playing with his fingers.

"Then you probably are. Based on my previous experiences, I can say that you are a remarkably rational and sane person," Lily says coldly.

Kro rolls his eyes to himself and asks, "Why can't we ever do that?"

"Really?" Lily asks, tilting her head to the side.

"Just chat," answers Kro.

"I thought we had an agreement. As of now, our conversations are limited to the political situation of the Wendel Empire." Lily says quietly.

"And your dynasty? What will become of it?'' asks Kro.

"If I ever give birth to my own Black dynasty, the first prerequisite should be a politically and economically stable empire," says Lily quietly.

Kro nods quietly and says, "You'll have your empire, Lily."

"No, Kro. I'll take what's mine," Lily replies.

"For Marcello Ferecci," Kro says to the girl.

"Yes, to me. Didn't I say that?'' says Lily, tilting her head to the other side and a smile on the corner of her lips.

Kro rolls his eyes to himself and watches Lily walk back into the streets.

-----------------------

Snake walks quietly through the streets, crouching in between in front of the dilapidated gates in front of the gate.

He hadn't spoken to Storm until now. Not because he couldn't, but rather because he didn't really have a reason to. However, Storm disagreed.

Even so, these differences of opinion had to be put aside. Because the war was at the door. And no one had yet recovered from the previous one.

Than quietly walks up behind Snake and says, "Whoever blew up the gates got what they wanted. Our attention."

"Do you have any suspects?" Snake asks thoughtfully, running a hand over the dirt.

Than huffs to himself and says, "I do."

Snake nods quietly and mutters, "Then you're not the only one."

Than raises an eyebrow and says, "Time teaches you so many things."

"Cliché," Snake replies dully and mumbles softly as he rubs the gray powder between his fingers, "Isn't that from your stash?"

Than extends his palm towards Snake and glares at him quietly, "Damn it."

"What is it Than?" Snake asks, raising an eyebrow.

Than shakes his head angrily to himself and says, "Warn Kro. We are in danger of a possible civil war. In the best case, a riot for a few days."

"And what are you going to do?" Snake asks.

"We need to strengthen our barriers and defense mechanisms. Which would mean the first rational move would be to warn Alina and Shadow. And let Electra upgrade our security systems." Than says and turns to the city, "Whoever knew about my secret stash could seriously screw everyone up in a very short time."

"Meaning..." Snake mutters, frowning.

"We can't trust anyone anymore. Apart from the people we really trust."