The core of a criminal

As Adrian walks back to his room, he spots Gemini sitting in the living room

As Adrian walks back to his room, he spots Gemini sitting in the living room. He coughs slightly and says: "You should be in bed."

"'So should you." Gemini replies, looking at the boy's hands.

Adrian sighs softly and sits down a little away from her and asks: "What got you up?"

Gemini turns her green-brown eyes towards Adrian and the boy flinches: "So... you don't have heterochromia?"

"I have partial heterochromia. Congenital, from my mother. She also had both eyes different colours. Only in his case, it was blue and brown eye color. And she had it completely. My dad, on the other hand, was the one with hazel eyes, with a slight green tint. But that was from his grandfather."

"But when we were at the first meeting..." bosses Adrian quietly.

"Let's just say I have several different faces." Gemini replies with a mischievous grin and a pom: "Although on that mission I lost one of my blue lenses."

Adrian nods understandingly and says: "There's so much of the... two-faced about you. Contradictory. Hence your name, I guess."

Gemini nods and says: "That and the fact that Gemini is also my zodiac sign."

Adrian grins at this and looks at the window, "The night is mystical, isn't it?"

"This night certainly isn't. Not when I'm listening to all these stories floating down the corridors. Those stories you promise Akita. And the things they say about me." Gemini says, turning to the boy.

"A lot they say." Poems Adrian as he leans back on the sofa.

Gemini frowns and asks: "Don't you care what they say?"

"A lot of the things they talk about in this house are fuelled by fear and ignorance. And, at times, emotion. That makes them often one-sided and narrow. So yes, they don't bother me so much." Adrian replies, peeping at the girl.

"So how did you... avoid it?" Gemini asks turning to the boy.

"I try to approach them objectively, allowing myself to see both sides of the various arguments and phrases thrown up in the air." Adrian explains, shifting towards the girl.

Gemini tilts his head to the side and says: "Then... I wish you success in establishing your principles, Mr Blanchet."

Adrian turns his gaze closer to the girl: "Que voulez-vous dire, Madame Gemerine?" ("What do you mean, Mrs. Gemerine?")

"Que vous êtes un imbécile. Mais ce n'est que mon avis." Gemini replies with a pep-talk. ("That you're a fool. But that's just my opinion.")

"I wonder how I can correct that in your eyes?" Adrian asks as he approaches the girl.

"Embrasse-moi." Whispers Gemini quietly. ("Kiss me.")

"Comme vous le souhaitez." Whispers Adrian and lets Gemini pull herself into his embrace and kiss her gently. ("As you wish.")