Sins of Criminals

As Gemini sits quietly on the bed, she quietly pulls off her torn shirt and runs her hand down her scarred back

Salty tears run down her throat as she feels a little more blood trickle from a few places and the painful sting of the whiplash. She also glances quickly at her bruises and tries to reach for them too, but pulls away at the last moment.

She lets out an irritated hiss and is whacking dazedly against the edge of the bed when she suddenly hears a soft knock on the door.

She smoothes her hair and quietly opens the door, muttering: "Adrian."

"May I come in?" Adrian asks in a gentle voice.

Gemini nods quietly and watches as Adrian enters, shrugging off his jacket.

Gemini watches as the linen button-down shirt pulls away from the leather of his back.

Adrian notices this and pulls up a small chair.

"What you did today was very brave. But also certainly risky. I hope you understand that." Rolling up the sleeves of his blouse, the boy says, calling the girl to him, "But you also have to understand that we're supposed to be helping you now, you have to meet us. And I think I can be a bit of a match for you in that respect."

"What do you mean by that?" Gemini asks cautiously.

Adrian leans closer to the girl and says: "I saw your wounds. And I believe I can help to soothe them somewhat."

"If you're referring to some dodgy pills..." growls Gemini, warningly.

"I don't trust pills, even. So no. I'm not referring to pills. I do, however, have certain cooling gels, antiseptics and bandages I could use to help these wounds heal faster. If you let me." Adrian promises the girl.

Gemini glances at Adrian's pale hands, "Is this some kind of trick?"

Adrian shakes his head and says: "I have a medical background. And I've taken the Hippocratic Oath. And before you ask, yes. I've done it before. I was once one of the medical workers for the Beaumont Mafia."

Gemini nods quietly and bosses: "Okay. But only on one condition."

Adrian looks at the girl and says: "I know what you're thinking. I promise there's no particular ulterior motive. And I won't hurt you. Although, a number of my antiseptics contain alcohol compounds, so they may sting slightly. But otherwise, cleaning wounds is not a painful procedure." And turning to his medical supplies, he adds: "Let me know if you need any kind of break or if you're uncomfortable or in pain in any way. I will then suspend my action until you allow me to continue. Or if that is your wish, don't continue at all."

Gemini nods quietly and pulls a hair above her head and Adrian sends a silent nod in the girl's direction and begins.

His movements are slow and careful as he takes the girl's back. Every slightest touch against the girl feels like a touch of hand fire, but at the same time a release in its own right.