Values. Principles. Loyalties

When Akita is dropped off at the gates, Vassili is there, already waiting

Akita looks at him suspiciously and walks quietly past him, waiting for Vassili to quietly follow.

"I expected Nadja to accompany me." Akita says after a moment.

Vassili says nothing in reply and continues walking quietly until they reach the door, where Vassili quietly ushers Akita in and closes the door behind him.

"What's going on, Vassili?" Akita asks, turning to the man, but Vassili says nothing.

"Vassili..." Akita tries again, but Vassili slams his hand angrily against the corner of the table, making Akita wince.

Akita swallows and sits a little further away from him. She glances at the golden sun-shaped ring and slides it quietly down her arm and begins to quietly undo her hairstyle until Vassili whispers, "Forgive me, Akita." And then leaves the kitchen, looking down.

Akita gets up from her chair and walks after the boy, asking: "What's the matter, Vassili?"

Vassili lowers his head, and Akita turns her gaze to the sofa and waits for the boy to sit down and ask: "Talk to me, please."

Vassili bites his lower lip quietly and says: "Nadja was right. They have come for us. And the fact that I've seen it irritates me. I feel as if I've let down their entire dynasty."

Akita shakes her head and asks: "Who's been after us? Are we in danger?"

Vassili shakes his head and says: "It's not out of the question."

"Who is he?" Rani asks, leaning closer to the boy.

Vassili puffs quietly and says: "His name is Lev Sergeyevich. He's an ally of Lily's... or so he's been until now, but... lately he's been leaning more towards Gabriel."

"And now he's come looking for her." Says Akita quietly and chuckles to herself, "Let's go."

Vassili raises an eyebrow and asks: "Should I be worried, savage?"

Akita smiles slyly and says: "Not for him. Unless Mr. Sergejevich is a killer.."

Vassili looks at Akita and asks: "Are you saying that you killed Gabriel Beaumont?"

"Technically, it was Chameleon who dealt him the fatal blow. I was just cleaning up after him...."

"Rani, You do realize..." begins Vassili.

"He saved my life, Vassili." Rani cuts in quietly.

Vassili lifts his eyes from his fingers and bosses quietly, "Why?"

Rani looks at her hands and says: "Does everything always have to have an ulterior motive?"

Vassili sighs softly and says: "In our case, yes."