An heir(ess)

Once Lily has rounded the corner of the house, Shadow Kro walks over and mutters, "I didn't expect us to end all matters concering peace  and start war tomorrow

Once Lily has rounded the corner of the house, Shadow Kro walks over and mutters, "I didn't expect us to end all matters concering peace  and start war tomorrow."

"Peace. That's what she wants. But there may be another reason." answers Kro Shadow, leaning over.

"Oh yeah?" Shadow asks, raising an eyebrow.

"See how Storm was clutching her stomach? And the blood on her hands?'' Kro asks almost silently.

"You think the French might have something to do with it?" Shadow asks, looking thoughtfully at his stomach.

"One of them for sure. And I think you know..." Kro explains quietly.

But they can't talk much longer than Marc calls out, "The start of the meeting means everyone starts at the same time."

Shadow glances down and quietly walks between Than and Snake, leaving Kro standing alone in front of the table.

He looks hesitantly at Shadow for a moment and then says, "As some of you noticed earlier, Lily left the meeting early due to personal reasons."

There are whispers around the table as Irina, Vassili, Snake and Shadow exchange suspiciously questioning glances at each other.

"Did she say why?" Than asks, pulling Shadow to him, feeling every little wave of tension that emanates from the girl.

But Kro doesn't answer him and continues: "I'm not going to delve more seriously into the details, because, first of all, there's nothing much to talk about, but that's it. Knowing Lily, we are somewhat used to it and trust her. And we've been doing it all this time, until now."

"Why should we trust someone who hasn't done anything for his people at all?" Storm asks, raising an eyebrow.

"That's what you can say now. Slander her and suppress her. But know this, the battles she fights for you, her empire, herself, and her dynasty are all for the survival of her people. And all that has been asked of you in return is your trust and creativity and your ability to support her. She has been fighting this battle between her mental stamina and madness for a very long time. It is said that this is why she has lost her way sometimes, but regardless.. she tries to give it all to you. And yes, also the world. And she wants her world to be as balanced as possible, which is why you are constantly among her fears, where you will leave her, betray her or... kill her. And if you don't like how Lily asserts her power, you can leave. But be warned... once she's targeted you as her traitor... she won't end the hunt until you're dead. Through her hands," says Kro.

"That's it, Kro. So is this our value? To be under her paw or to be killed by her? Is this the right way to live?" asks Storm, walking closer to the boy.

"Then you don't know much about life, Storm," Kro answers coldly.

"You know it, I know it. She needs to be brought down. Her and her dynasty." Storm continues pleadingly.

"But tell us what she did so badly that you have a strong desire to overthrow her?" asks Vassili from the corner of the room.

"I gave her a new baby. Another potential heir to the throne. And a potential strong ally."

„Vous hypocrite! C'est pourquoi vous l'avez protégée tout ce temps!" („You hypocrite! That's why you protected her all this time!") Marc yells at the top of his lungs and slams Adrian against the wall before Electra grabs him.

"Je jure, sur ma vie... Je... Je ne savais rien à ce sujet. Jusqu'ici."  Adrian answers with a trembling voice. ("I swear, on my life...I...I didn't know anything about it. Until now.")

"What's the matter?" Snake asks, helping Adrian up.

"C'est le sien? N'est-ce pas?" asks Marc hotly. ("It is his? Isn't it? ")

Electra turns to Marc and asks, "What's the matter, my love?"

Marc spits blood from his mouth and says, "Storm...she was carrying...his baby?"

"Who?" Irina asks, looking at Marc.

"Gabriel?" Electra asks.

"Yes. A little girl," answers Storm.

"Wait, you carried Gabriel's daughter in your womb and to secure your alliances, you..." Shadow starts to say, but turns to Than and mutters, "I must be heartbroken."

Than holds the girl around the neck, and Snake asks, "So you did all this, just to... secure Lily's throne and dynasty? Without negotiating with her? And by abusing our marriage and my feelings for you?"

"Your feelings didn't matter at that moment! It's all purely politics," Storm replies.

"There was nothing to do with politics, Snake is right here." Kro replies and shouts, "The meeting's over for now! We will continue tomorrow."

All of your members turn around and suddenly Electra's voice says, "Storm is gone!"

At this, Kro, Shadow, and Than grab their weapons and fix their evil glares on the other team members, and suddenly Shadow asks, "But where's Snake?"

Kro turns his gaze and says, "Everyone stays here. Shadow, with me."

Shadow nods quietly and throws herself out through the small window, never once loosening her grip.

Kro turns his gaze to Shadow heading north and quickens his pace, heading towards the gates himself.