Protecting the mafia's sunflower I

Luna is lying in bed when Adrian comes through the door

"I don't think I've met you, sir..." Luna says in a soft voice.

Adrian takes a small chair and says: "My name is Adrian Blanchet. And I'm the legitimate don of the Southern Italian mafia. And an ally and insider of Lilina Elizabeth Ferecci." And he turns to look at her hands and says: "And your son's friend and advisor."

Luna's dark eyes move to Adrian's with a start as she bosses: "I don't have a son..."

Adrian nods quietly, "I know. That's what I've been told, but... call me crazy, but I believe there is. Maybe - maybe even two of them."

"If you know all that, then..."

"Mrs. Navarro..." Adrian starts to say, but Luna shakes her head and bosses: "Don't put that disgusting name in your mouth."

Adrian lets go of the woman's hand and asks: "What do I call you...?"

"My name... is Luna Bosco." Luna replies, looking at her hands.

Adrian swallows quietly and asks: "And your husband was... Marcus Rodriguez Navarro... My father often worked with him, or so I was told."

Luna shakes her head in disbelief and winces: "L'unico uomo per cui ha lavorato è stato lui stesso. Era un uomo crudele." ("The only man he worked for was himself. He was a cruel man.")

"Where did you get this?" Adrian asks.

Luna sighs softly and says: "After the birth of my second son, I was so upset and in such terrible pain that... all I could do was run away with Kronos a few days after the birth."

"Why is that?" Adrian asks gently, looking at his wife.

"Because it was only after the birth of my second son that I saw that the man my family had given me to was incapable of change. Everything, all the hitting and bruises and screaming and ... everything ... everything would have gotten even worse." She swallows quietly and says: "I was still young and naive then, and all I cared about was myself and Kronos. And... because of my selfishness... Scipio suffered. In the meantime, the only one who dared to visit him was Cronus. But even he stopped, until Scipio came up to him for about the tenth time and told me about his father's plans. And then... then I fled, leaving one of the women close to me with the task of rescuing my son and contacting me and... killing my husband. But about 3 years after I escaped... that woman died and there was no trace of either Scipios or Kronos, so I decided to accept it and dedicate myself to serving the Ferecci family until..."

"Don Ferecci drove his daughter away." Adrian nodded thoughtfully.

"Don knew he had many potential heirs he should have chosen instead of Liliana. But none of them gave him a suitable reason. And since Lucy Holt was the only one whose threats and position had any basis in fact, they entered into a mutual trust agreement and that was all... all Don talked about. At least not to me." Luna explains quietly.