With me, You will survive

"There is nothing impossible to her (him, originally)who will try

"There is nothing impossible to her (him, originally)who will try." - Alexander the Great

When Adrian leaves, Lily presses herself quietly against the headboard of her bed.

"What am I supposed to tell you?" Lily grunts as she looks down at her stomach, and as she does so, she quietly hears the door slam and Kro comes sideways through the door.

Lily feels her breath catch. Kro had gotten a chance to change in the meantime, and was standing in front of her dressed in a black plaid shirt and black jeans. Deep penetrating wounds adorn his eyes and the signs of a battle are reflected in his face, slowly healing.

Kro gazes at Lily and quietly drops to one knee, whispering, "My queen."

She places her hands at her sides and Kro takes a chair from the wall and sits down quietly next to Lily and says: "Adrian said you wanted to see me."

Lily nods quietly and raises her tired face to Kro and the boy runs his thumb silently across the girl's cheek and whispers, "Forgive me. Forgive me."

Kro is silent and then whispers: "You've been crying, Lily."

Lily nods softly and Kro eyes the girl's hand, which is firmly clasped around her stomach, and quietly places his hand on the girl's stomach and kisses it and says: "It should be me asking for your forgiveness, my mystery. It is I who should be the one to ask you, my mysterious one, the one who should be crying for you, the mystery of you. All the time I should have been by your side, I did everything I could to fulfill it, but instead... I grew further away from you every day without realizing it."

Lily puts her hand to her mouth and Kro pulls the girl into his own embrace, smiling as the girl tightens her embrace around his body, "Forgive me for betraying you like that..."

Kro pulls Lily away and says: "You have never betrayed me once. I assume you were scared and still are. But... so am I."

Lily grins softly and says: "It seems we both underestimated each other. Maybe - maybe... Adrian is right. Maybe we need each other more than we want to admit to each other."

"But our princess needs us more." Kro says, stroking the girl's belly.

"In fact... both our princess and our prince need us." Whispers Lily looking at Kro.

"You mean...?" Kro asks looking at Lily.

Lily nods quietly, "I'm expecting twins, my crow."

Kro looks worriedly at Lily, "And how are you feeling? Don't you..."

Lily shakes her head and says: "Of course I'm scared. I don't think I've ever been more scared of anything. And what scares me is the fact that... I don't feel like I'm... or rather the Empire is ready for us."

"But what if I were beside you?" Kro asks, looking at Lily.

Lily sighs softly and replies, "Kro, no matter how much I appreciate you, I think you alone would be enough for us. No." And looks at the window and says: "I think that if we want to save anything, we have to find other allies, strong allies. Because otherwise we will not be able to destroy the legacy of Marcello Ferecci."