Treason

"The difference between treason and patriotism is only a matter of dates

"The difference between treason and patriotism is only a matter of dates."

Meanwhile, Snake quietly stalks Storm through the dark side streets, listening to Storm's labored breathing as he reaches the gates.

"Run," Snake suddenly hisses as he pushes Storm against the wall.

Storm looks at Snake with a breathless expression and points her back and the small black cotton towards the wall and says, "Tragic, isn't it? Your own wife is ready to betray you. And that's just for the empire of Lily, a young girl."

"It was foolish of you to seek refuge in France. If only I had taken the kids to Russia, I could have shown them what a hypocrite you would have been on your own." Snake spits back.

"You and your Slavic blood polluted our family! Good thing I caught you in time. Otherwise you would have ruined their sister too!" Storm yells back.

Snake steps closer to Storm and hisses, "The actions you did would not make you, Gabriel, or this... excuse worthy of me or Lily and Kro's empire." He turns his gaze towards Kro and mutters, "Unless Kro or Lily it would not be appropriate to show mercy to this child."

As Kro and Shadow approach Snake, Shadow quietly asks, "Do you two have anything to say in your defense? Or will you die as traitors?'

Storm places the baby with her back to her chest and listens, angry tears streaming down her cheeks, as Shadow's sharpest knife flies towards her heart and kisses the little girl's head one last time and drops her in her arms, trying to find more girls as she falls.

Kro walks quietly towards the child, whose fall has been quietly cushioned by the layers of blankets wrapped around her, and hands her to the guards, saying, "Keep an eye on this child. In the morning, we will deal with this matter further."

"What do we tell the queen?" asks one of the guards.

Kro shakes his head and says, "We won't tell her anything until things are certain."

Walking away from the gates, Shadow pulls the boy towards her and asks, "Are you sure about this? The last time you didn't say anything to Lily was..."

"I promise I'll tell her. But only tomorrow. I don't want her to get herself into trouble again by believing what Electra told me," Kro explains quietly.

"Okay. But don't delay it,' replies Shadow, diving back into the shadows.

Kro nods to himself and walks back towards town with his hands in his pockets, trying to act like nothing happened.

Although something had happened. And the boy had seen it with his own eyes and wanted it.

-------------

While Kro hurries back, Lily sits on the roof of her house looking up at the stars with a sad expression until she suddenly notices a large dark bird landing next to her.

The bird hops closer to her and squawks angrily, and Lily averts her gaze and asks, "Where the hell have you been? I haven't seen you in who knows how long."

Night snaps angrily and jumps to Lily's side and Lily mutters, "Did Ash get beat up by you again?"

But Night gets even angrier and pecks Lily's arm causing a small bloody gash and Lily pulls her hand back and asks, "What do you want, Night?"

Night flaps his wings and snaps angrily at Lily, and the girl says, "Night, dynasties don't work like that. Besides.. I've already tried this path. And it always leads me back to Marcello Ferecci's roots."

Night croaks quieter and moves closer to Lily, and the girl strokes the crow's feathers and says, "We should take cover. Before we are noticed."

As soon as Lily gets back down to her floor, she notices Kro coming up the stairs and quietly sits him down on her blanket and quietly waits for him.

When Kro finally reaches the top, he sways quietly to the center of the room and mutters, "Lily."

"You're back," Lily replies tiredly, and Night jumps from Lily's side to Kro.

Kro strokes his crow once and says: "I'm sorry."

Lily looks up at the boy and asks, "What are you sorry for?"

Kro swallows quietly and continues, "I should have foreseen that."

"She may have been right in a way. Especially now that I have to go out into the world. I can't accept my weakness and fallen self-control..."

"Stop," says Kro quietly.

"Yes?" Lily asks, looking down.

Kro steps closer to Lily and quietly takes her closer and gently caresses the girl's face and says, "I want to show you something."

Lily quietly bites her lip, and Kro kisses the girl quietly, gradually holding her tighter.

At first, Lily is surprised, but after a few moments of pause, she pulls Kro closer and kisses him even deeper until she feels like she can't resist anymore.

The fire inside her suddenly began to burn with an even stronger flame, and her body suddenly began to thirst for something raw and primitive.

Lily had never felt this before. In her body, fire and water, tenderness and toughness, elegance and wildness, pain and tenderness were as if tangled together...

The feelings that had now suddenly flown out needed everything that had become like a need.

She raises her arms above her head and lets Kro grab her, deepening the kiss even more.

Kro looks at Lily and asks, "Are you sure?"

Liy looks at Kro and says, "I want to know."

Kro smirks softly and mutters, "Warn me if I cross any personal boundaries for you."

Lily nods quietly and says, "I think we're long past that point now."

Kro laughs with her, and before they know it, they're discovering places about themselves they weren't aware of before.

And late at night again.