Uniting the roots of my blood

Snake is quietly walking around dark street corners when he suddenly notices Than playing with his pistol in the corner of the house

Snake rolls his eyes to himself and asks, "What's wrong with you, Than?"

Than sighs softly and mutters, "Nothing feels right, scaly."

"If you mean Alina and Lev, they're fine. We, however..." Snake begins to say.

Than shakes his head and says, "Not that. I don't know what it is, but... I feel it in my bones."

Snake nods quietly and says, "It's only a matter of time before Electra finds Adrian."

"Don't you think Lily's acting a little weird?" Than asks as he puts the gun back in its holster.

"What's on your mind?" Snake asks.

"Her gaze is constantly on her stomach. And there's a certain strange connection in her eyes when she touches her stomach... I haven't seen it before," Than says, looking down thoughtfully.

Snake nods quietly and mutters, "So a dynasty has been started...hopefully it will stay that way."

"So she's pregnant...?" Than asks, raising an eyebrow.

Snake shrugs and looks away, "If that's true..."

Than looks at Snake and as if reading the boy's mind replies, "No, but that's just fine. She is away from the people we know who would want to kill her. And take her throne. I wouldn't worry so much about others."

"Then why?" asks Than.

"Knowing how much shit they've screwed up for their little lump of power, they're not smart enough to let it go and live an honest life. Their overfed egos and bastard parents wouldn't last long," Snake says quietly.

"Looks like you have some experience in this area, scaly," Than smirks.

"Let's just say that when you live this life, something sticks." Snake replies looking towards Lev and Alina's base.

And Snake was right. Because once you got into that lifestyle, there was no way out. Inevitable as it may be, you are constantly moving in life more towards this madness than the better, constantly telling yourself that everything is fine... but it really isn't.

It was a power that all the big mafias perceived. And  took advantage of it.

Some used more brutal measures to do this, while others approached from the side of friendliness.

Gabriel knew them too.

And for him, ethics was just a word. And many knew it.

"Are you sure about this?" asks a young girl with a short haircut.

"Lily took everything from me for permission to give me everything." Gabriel hisses, slamming his fists on the table.

"Her influence is great," says a man's voice from next to him.