Non-existent loyalty

When all the dress fittings, hairstyling and shoe selection are complete and the final details have been agreed, Lily walks quietly to one of the largest windows in her house and stares out at the big full moon.

She stares at it, admiration twinkling in her eyes and her hand stroking it. The sense of peace that the moon's strange glow brought her had always fascinated her. But especially when the wedding day was only hours away.

But even the hours before the wedding day are not as peaceful as the full moon.

Lily listens quietly behind her and turns to the newcomer and says: "If you wish to speak to me, you have only to address me, Nikita Nadege Genesis."

Nadja swallows quietly and says: "Akita is spreading the word. And Tiger...."

"What about him?" Lily asks with her hand on her stomach.

Nadja swallows quietly and says: "They don't work together anymore."

Lily nods quietly and asks: "Did either of them mention why?"

Nadja shrugs and replies, "All Akita told me was that their opinions had diverged, and along with that, a number of other important issues had come up that would have prevented them from working together... Whatever that means."

Lily sighs softly and asks: "Was there anything else?"

Nadja bites her lip and says: "I saw Irina today. She'd been sneaking out of the manor, talking to some dodgy guy who called himself Xander."

"Why was he 'suspicious'?" Lily asks, tilting her head to one side.

Nadja shakes her head and says: "I can't tell you exactly, but... it was one of those situations where when you see it, you know."

Lily nods and sighs: "I heard Kro mention the name in the meantime, yes, but I didn't think anything of it..."

"Well, what should we do?" Lily asks, looking at the girl.

Nadja shrugs and says: "I don't know.. if there's such a weird reaction to that name, maybe we should stay away from that guy."

Lily nods quietly and says: "And how did Irina react to all this?"

"She should tell you about it herself, Lily." Nadja says, glaring at the girl.

Lily nods quietly and says: "Tell her I'm ready for her. And if you hear anything from Luna, even a whisper, let me know right away."

Nadja nods quietly and says before walking away: "One more little detail, regarding Xander."

"Specifically?" Lily asks, straightening her back more.

"When I was telling Kro about that name..." starts Shadow, but at the same moment Marc steps up to them and says: "Nikita, you're needed."

"Tell whoever's asking for me to wait a minute. Unless he's planning on getting knifed tonight." Nadja bosses quietly.