She died, because she chose evil

"So what should we do?" Shadow asks quietly

Lily looks at Kro and says, "I'm going to talk to Snake. If anyone had a strong bond with Adrian and Storm, it would be him."

Kro nods quietly and asks, "But what about the children?"

Shadow looks at Lily and says, "If you really think we need to prepare for the next civil war... it might be wise for me to start identifying our allies and training your side."

"But whose side are we on now?" Shadow asks quietly.

"Snake, Kro, Irina and Vassili, Marc and maybe Electra?" Lily offers quietly.

"And Gabriel and Storm's side would...?" Kro asks.

"Anyone who favors Gabriel and not Lily. Alina, Lev, Gabriel, Adrian, Nina... Electra?'

"The matter of Electra needs to be determined in any case," answers Kro.

Lily nods softly and kisses Kro gently on the cheek and says, "I'm going to talk to Snake. And let Marc talk to the Russians."

Shadow nods and asks, "What can we do with Than?"

"We need as many resources as possible. Both for this choice of the heir to the throne and to avoid our own civil war." says Lily looking at Shadow.

"You're right... Hey, one last thing." Shadow says putting a hand on Lily's shoulder.

Lily pulls her shoulder away and looks at Shadow questioningly, "I just wanted to say I'm sorry.... This revenge was supposed to be yours and I took it from you."

Lily shakes her head and takes Shadow's wrist, saying, "You had to. And to be honest... the feeling that I couldn't kill her will haunt me forever, but it's my personal demon. If she had perhaps survived longer, even I would not have been able to resist her."

Shadow nods quietly and says, "I'm not going to turn on you, Lily. I promise you that. Because no matter how cliche it sounds, you are my best friend."

"Do you always get so emotional and kind of... especially friendly in the moments before you die?" Lily asks, frowning.