There are no words

When Marc reaches Vassili's door, he casts a suspicious eye towards the neighborhood and waits for Vassili to appear at the door

"You don't come here very often, do you?" the boy asks, raising an eyebrow.

Marc doesn't answer him and says, "Sit down. We have a lot to talk about."

Vassili glances at Irina and asks: "What do you want, Gauthier?"

"Let's just start... what do you know, Vassili?" says Marc as he sits more comfortably on the chair.

"I only know what Irina has told me. And I believe him. The sides are forming. You'd be relatively stupid if you hadn't already seen it," replies Vassili, looking at the window.

"Storm is dead, Vasja. Who do you think would be worthy to take over her place?" asks Marc, putting his fingers together.

"I think the third Frenchman you talked about at the meeting. And since the girl has a daughter with him, he would be next."

"Gabriel Beaumont. Personally speaking, you have every right to be suspicious of him. He has acquired a certain reputation in France," says Marc with his hand clenched into a fist.

"Personal issues?" Vassili asks with a smile.

"Let's just say that once he's given you his word, you already know - you're basically under his thumb," Marc replies, looking out the window.

Vasili nods quietly and says: "I know little about the daughter. I only know the name."

"What's her name?" Marc asks, looking at Vassili.

"Valerie - Valu Beaumont. If I remember correctly..." mutters Vassili.

Marc nods quietly and asks, "I'm assuming Lily must have asked you that... but which side are you really on?"

"I say, Lily. Because in the end he still wanted me to support her," answers Vassili quietly.

"But do you know anyone who doesn't want Lily..." asks Marc, frowning.

"Between you and me... it seems that... Lev and Alina are not at all happy with Lily's reign. It is ironic that they were among the first to express their desire to join her kingdom. After all, Irina and I were the people who initially considered remaining individual at all."

Marc nods and quietly mutters, "I never would have believed that about Adrian..."

Vassili looks at Marc and asks: "Why?"

But as soon as Marc tries to say something, Shadow walks in the door and asks, "What? From whom?"

"In any case, he must be stopped. Because knowing him, he may again try to use a double game strategy. And that wouldn't be good for any of us. Especially not to you, Shadow."

"Nor to Lily. But I can't believe that from him, I mean...he gave me his word." Shadow answers, lowering his head.

"He  was naive. Words can be broken. It's the same with trust. And with both breaks, each person tries to deny it, not knowing that denying it makes it even more painful."