Sparing and bearing

Lily looks at her puller and wedges her hand between her and the doorpost and holds on to it with ten nails, while quietly bending her legs and muttering, "Show yourself

Lily looks at her puller and wedges her hand between her and the doorpost and holds on to it with ten nails, while quietly bending her legs and muttering, "Show yourself."

But the figure grips her tighter, stealing the strength from Lily's legs that she intended to use to whip her.

Lily glances back at the image and continues, "I don't think I've ever had a robber so cowardly that she wouldn't dare show her face to the queen!"

"You want to see me? A voice shouts, slamming the girl's legs against the wall and pushing her away from her.

Lily instinctively grabs her stomach with one hand and uses the other to sit up against the wall, then hisses, "You know what they say. It's better to look death in the eye than to close your eyes to it."

The image looks at her and Lily slowly gets up and asks, "What do you want?"

But as soon as the image hears these words, it throws off its hood and hisses, "Only your death will give me what I want."

Lily raises an arrogant eyebrow and asks, "So what? The satisfaction of being able to kill me?" and as soon as the words have left her lips, she asks, tilting her head to the side, "Who are you, anyway?"

"Give me back my empire, bitch princess!" the young woman yells, pushing Lily away from her.

Lily spits blood from her mouth and asks, "Who's your capo?"

The girl whips Lily across the face and hisses, "Don't play dumb and give him to me!"

"Of course," Lily replies, swinging over her shoulder, "As soon as you get out of my empire and leave my people alone!" and kicks the girl in the stomach and slams the small crystal goblet against the wall and shoves the sharpest piece of glass down her throat and calmly says, "Say his name."

The girl growls softly at Lily and she pushes the shard of glass deeper into her skin, watching a dark red stream of blood lazily run down her neck.

But the girl does not give up. Instead, she directs her witchy two-tone eyes into Lily's, trying to look into her soul, not realizing one thing - Lily saw her soul even when her hands were forced behind her back.

And so she says: "Adrian is no longer anyone's capo. Nor don."

"Perhaps not. But thanks to me he will be. Or, rather, thanks to me and my marriage."

Then Lily flinches. Adrian and ... married... but this...?

"You're lying." Lily hisses as she spits the next small clot of blood onto her spleen.

Adrian then walks through the door and shoots quietly, so that the bullet barely hits the image's ear.

Lily turns to look at Adrian, but he doesn't answer her, hissing, "I thought I told you to stay away."

The girl pulls her hood off and walks in front of Lily, whipping her leg with all her might, causing Lily to sway and then fall.

"I won't do it again," Adrian replies, crossing his arms over his chest.