Donna Ferecci

When Lily gets back to the living room, she looks at Shadow and says, "I'm going to get something to eat

When Lily gets back to the living room, she looks at Shadow and says, "I'm going to get something to eat. You are welcome to join me if you wish.

Shadow pushes herself off the couch and mutters, "If they fuck this up.."

"Then we'll have to think of another approach," Lily says.

"Which would be...?" Shadow asks, looking at her friend.

"I have no idea. Yet." Lily mutters in response.

When they finally finish breakfast, Shadow goes to the balcony and grabs a long black feather from the shadow of her cape and runs a small knife across her finger and drops some blood on it.

Lily frowns at it and whistles towards the room until Adrian steps out and mutters, "Notify Nexus. And if he doesn't listen, tell him I'll find him myself and rip his throat out."

Adrian nods wordlessly and coos once at Lily and runs out of the room.

Lily looks at the girl and invites her over to the couch and raises an eyebrow, "Nexus?"

"That's how he calls himself. The guy changes his name around... everytime he enters a new country," Shadow says, shuffling the deck of cards in front of her.

Lily quietly frowns and picks up the deck of cards in her pocket and asks, "And what guild does he belong to?"

The girl smiles softly and says, "He doesn't belong anywhere."

"But he's... a criminal?" Lily asks, looking at Shadow.

"Yeah, but he doesn't believe in the Criminal Empire. But based on his needs, he knows how to talk people out of there, so that he can walk on the border of two worlds, so to speak, and do his own thing," explains Shadow quietly, looking at her cards.

Lily places one of the cards on the table and asks, "Then why work with him?"

A sly smile curls on the girl's lips as she says, "Let's just say... predators don't pick sides. Regardless of who or what they rule. The only thing that matters to them is a person on whom they can depend if necessary."