The savage man's girl

Kro walks quietly through the door and watches as Lily wraps her arms around herself and forces herself to look out the window

Kro walks closer to her and places his hands on her stomach and whispers, "There you are."

Lily looks down at her stomach and then tilts her head towards Kro, watching as Kro slides his wrist softly over the girl's neck and whispers, "I promised you I'd be back before you knew it."

Lily turns to Kro and watches as Kro pulls the girl's lips to hers, but stops at the last moment and asks, "Did you know about that? From the Nexus?'

Kro looks at Lily and mutters, "So Shadow told you..."

"What does it say about me when I let those closest to me endanger both my life and my place in my inner circle? In the criminal empire more generally?" asks Lily, looking at Kro.

Kro looks towards the door and says, "It's her choice, Lily."

Lily looks at the boy and says, "Shadow means a lot to me, Kro."

"And your safety means a lot to her. And it inevitably comes with risks," says Kro, pulling the girl towards him.

Lily rests her head on the boy's shoulder and mumbles, "I just want to make sure... we do it right. And that everyone is safe."

Kro puts his arms around the girl and pulls her closer to him and asks, "So what would you like to do?"

"Negotiate it. Before we really decide anything." says Lily looking at the boy.

Kro swallows quietly and says, "I'll tell her."

Lily looks at Kro and says, "Kro?"

The boy turns and walks back to the girl and Lily says softly, "No more losing."

Kro reaches for the girl's cheek and whispers as he comes closer to her lips, "No losing." and slowly brushes his lips against hers, quietly feeling her try to kiss him carefully back.

The doubt in her soul seemed to crush every part of her body. But regardless, she tries. Trying to show the boy that she wants him with her. So that they could hold each other, live in this moment.

She forces her body closer to the boy until she feels her fingers on the boy's back.

But then Kro realizes. She has a need to release herself. Make herself forget, hurt herself, and he pulls away and looks at the girl and says, "We don't have to..."

"But I want to," Lily replies, looking at the boy.

"Believe me, I want too. But not like this," replies Kro, stroking Lily's head.

Lily pulls away from the boy and watches as the boy slides his fingers up the girl's arm.

His strokes are restless, as if trying to tell the girl something. To warn.