Black - blooded

Lily stands on a small pedestal in front of three large mirrors, quietly smoothing her dress, until she hears a soft knock at the door

"Would you like me to open the door, donna?" Alis asks, adjusting the girl's skirt.

Lily nods quietly and turns quietly and says: "I'm listening."

"Prl Genesis went to deliver your message, donna." Dante says as he leans towards Lily.

"Did she say anything else?" Lily asks as she adjusts her dress.

Dante shakes his head and replies, "I get the impression that she prefers to operate by her own rules. She can't be tamed."

Lily sighs softly and Dante walks closer to the girl and says seriously, "You look worried, Liliana."

Lily puts a hand on her stomach and says: "I must not be afraid, Dante. Not now, when our future lives may depend on my words. Their lives."

"There is no need to be afraid. Believe me." Dante says, squeezing the girl's hand, and adds: "I can see it now."

Lily smiles softly and hugs Dante quietly, murmuring, "If only I could believe you..."

"If you don't believe me, believe yourself. Then you'll know you're making the best choice for you and your heart." Dante replies to Lily, getting down on one knee.

Lily smiles quietly and watches Dante walk away. But before reaching the door, Lily asks, "Why are you so good to me, Dante?"

Dante grins softly and says: "Some people in this world are just nice, Liliana. For no reason at all."

Lily smiles quietly back and says: "I believe you, Dante."

Dante smiles back and says: "I'm only happy about that, Donna."

After Dante leaves, Alisi's assistant pulls the door shut and she says: "Not all people are good, donna."

Lily looks at Alisi and says: "I certainly am not."

"You never had a choice, Ms. Ferecci. Now that your father is dead, you can make your choices in peace." Says Alis, sewing the tail of the dress.

"I guess so." Lily chuckles as she admires her hairstyle in the mirror.

*****

As Lily tries on dresses at the mansion, Shadow skips along the walls of the house until she throws herself into the shadow of a dilapidated house.

"Rough night out or what?" comes from near the girl, and Shadow automatically pulls the knife from her side and drops into attack position.

Her dark eyes try to search for her captor, but to no avail, so she pushes herself to her feet when she suddenly notices Malin appear from behind her.

"What do you want?" Shadow asks, placing her blade to her side.

Malin points to the roll of paper between his fingers and says: "But seriously... what are you looking for here? Me, maybe?"