Let there be war

When Shadow finally reaches the towers, she pulls out her knife and quietly walks down the street towards the Scale base towards the towers until she suddenly notices a faint trickle of blood trickling down her boot

Shadow looks up at Scale and presses the blade to the man's neck, muttering to herself, "Who did this to you?" and darts back into the shadows, silently running to Than's base.

When she finally hides behind the door, she quietly sinks into the shadow of the window and stares silently at the moon and asks herself, "Have I failed you, ghosts?" and sinks back to her knees.

Than, who has been watching Shadow in the meantime, sits down next to her and says, "Shadow, I know you don't like the idea, but..."

Shadow nods to herself and replies, "I have to tell Kro. And to Lily."

Than nods quietly and asks, "Do you have a plan too?"

Shadwo shakes her head to herself and says, "I have to give my possessions to Lily. She already has everyone else's."

"Is that enough?" Than asks, frowning.

Shadow sighs softly and mutters, "Gotta be enough. She is the answer. I am convinced of that."

Than nods quietly and asks, "Yes...But are you willing to lose yourself for this?"

Shadow turns to the boy and says, "We have to throw each other away. It is no longer a battle of feelings and community. This is pure politics and survival." and then grabs the boy and whispers: "But even if something were to happen to me, believe me - I will do everything in my power to get back to you."

--------------------------------

When the morning comes, Lily quietly opens her eyes and walks to the window to look at the morning sun.

A quiet smile leaves her lips as she looks at the crows flying in the white of the sunrise and hears the first screams of pain.

She presses her side against the wall when she suddenly feels Kro wrap one arm around her chest and mumble, "Come back to me. I'm cold without you."

Lily turns to face the boy and asks, "And what makes you think I can keep you warm?"

Kro laughs quietly and asks, "How are you feeling?"

Lily turns to the boy and says, "I have to admit...that was very unexpected even for me. But.. not bad."

"I wasn't too harsh with you, wasn't I?" Kro asks, caressing the girl's face.

"No, you were... good. I just don't think I'd be ready to do it too soon..." Lily replies looking down and biting her lip.

Kro nods quietly and says, "I agree. I don't want to scare you.."

"I have to ask you something. And I want you to be honest with me." Lily says suddenly.

Kro swallows quietly and nods.

Lily nods back quietly and asks, "Have you talked to Alina lately... -talk-?"

"What do you mean, Lily?" Kro asks, stepping away from the girl.

"Did you flirt with Alina?" Lily asks, stepping away.

Kro looks away, but Lily steps closer to him and asks, "Is that true?"

"Alina asked me for help. Lev hadn't treated her very well lately, and she didn't want to go to Vassili, fearing Vassili..." Kro explains quietly.

Lily steps away from him and murmurs, "Kro, I want to believe you. But I can't.. now where did you do something like that. You should know... she manipulated all of us."

"And you took her under your wing," answers Kro, coming closer to the girl.

"Took. Because she asked me to do it," Lily replies.

"So... what's the matter?" Kro asks, getting even closer to the girl.

But before Lily can open her mouth, Shadow runs up the stairs and says, "Kro, I need to talk to you."

"What's up Shadow?" Kro asks.

"It's worse than we thought. Scale and Storm are both dead... and the car is gone too." Shadow mutters.

"Wait, what? Storm is dead?" Lily asks as she steps closer to them.

Shadow nods quietly and Lily asks, "What happened?"

"She betrayed us, Lily. And we, together with Kro, caught her when she...."

"If she what!" Lily yells angrily.

"We killed her to prevent..." Shadow begins to say.

"Storm was probably hoping to find cover with Gabriel and his daughter to take you down later. Or kill." Kro explains looking at Shadow.

"And now, Storm is dead. But... what happened to that child?" Lily asks, looking at Shadow.

"We left her in the hands of the guards and we'll deal with her later," Shadow replies, crossing her arms over her chest and looking away for a moment.

"Does Snake know?" Lily asks as she adjusts her rings.

Kro and Shadow nod quietly and Lily asks, "Is there anything else?"

Kro looks at Shadow and Shadow replies, "Actually it is."

"Really?" Lily asks, turning to Shadow.

"I guess I should go..." Kro mutters awkwardly.

"No. This is something you both should know. I discovered during my night patrol that Scale had been killed and both the child and Adrian had escaped," Shadow answers in a harsh voice.

Lily turns to Shadow and says, "So my throne and our dynasty are going to be put to the test. Well, let them. The war is mine and so is revenge."

"I thought it was your plan not to become like your father, Lily." Kro says with a frown.

"I abandoned the tortured elite in my blood the moment I ascended the throne to show that I could overcome my demons. But getting on the wrong side... I want to let my ghosts show the darker side of Lily Black so they know I didn't just come there to play. I came to rule. And that's what I'm going to do."