44 ¦ Ex In The House

Was she staring at Jay? 

I looked at her in amazement. Now when she had finished the song, she ran down from the stage, also out of the door. Pure drama like fr. I stared at the door. Should I? 

I told Riki that I would be back soon and left him behind. I walked through the door into the dark hallway and already heard Jay's voice. I quickly squeezed behind a row of spins and listened.

J: "WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING HERE?!"

H: "I'm because of you, Jay."

J: "W... because of me?"

H: "Yes, because of you. I've missed you. I've realized a lot of things over the years. I was stupid and everything I did then was so wrong. It was stupid of me to think that you weren't the one and-"

J: "Emphasis on "was." We have nothing to do with each other anymore, Hee-jin! You left back then and ruined everything! And now you come up with such a lame excuse. Do you really think it's that easy? Pff you even dare to come here. Get out of my sight, you fucking whore!" 

Stunned, I put a hand over my mouth. What a discussion! I peeked around the corner slightly. 

Hee-jin said, stunned, "How are you talking to me?! Earlier there you were so much-" again Jay interrupted her and kicked the spint row angrily. Ouch my back. Grumpily I squatted down and rubbed it. Now my back had to suffer too. 

Jay shouted, "WHEN DO YOU UNDERSTAND? NOW IS NOT THEN! You missed your chance and you don't need to hit me up now for the way I talk to you! You are then-" 

Hee-jin interrupted him. "I'M SORRY, okay? I'm... I'm so sorry!" She shed a few tears and breathed heavily. 

I was still covering my mouth, afraid that they would hear me breathing in this dead silence. She brushed one of her hazel strands behind her ear and continued. 

"I've never loved anyone the way I love you, and I always will. Before there... there I was so proud to be a vampire and live forever, but eternal life without you might as well just kill me now. I don't care anymore. Do you know how much it hurts? Your absence, my stupidity at the time, the emptiness that has remained. My life feels like a bad joke and it's my own fault too. DON'T YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW?! For heaven's sake, how crappy I've felt for years! Please forgive me, at least. At least grant me this wish! At least that..." 

She leaned her head on his shoulder and he stroked her straight hair, sighing. He murmured, "It's all right. It's forgotten, but don't expect anything to develop between us. After all-" Jay closed his mouth again and there was silence. 

She broke away from him and looked at him with her big googly eyes. "Do you have someone else you like already?" What? What other? Could it really be that Jay liked someone? Since when had that been the case? 

Jay pushed Hee-jin away from him slightly and countered, "Even if it was, it has nothing to do with you anymore, Hee-jin." 

She swallowed hard, leaned against the wall, and said, "Was clear. Thanks anyway for forgiving me. I won't give up on you. If you ever do miss the old days again, I'll be waiting for you."