Chapter 3

Amy's POV

We've been in Dallas for a week now. We've gotten everything unpacked now. We even swam in the pool, which really made Dylan feel more at home. I'm happy about that. I want Dylan to enjoy things here.

My phone starts ringing as I'm sitting on the couch with Dylan. Dad went to work.

"Hello?," I say into the phone.

"Hi, is this Amelia Smith?," a man asks.

"Yes."

"Hi, you had an interview with us yesterday, and you really impressed us, and you got the job," he says.

"Oh wow really? Thank you so much," I say.

"Ya. We have some forms we'd like for you to read and fill out. Would you be able to pick those up today?"

"Ya, I'll be there soon," I say.

"Ok, see you then."

"Ok bye."

"Bye."

I hang up that phone and squeal. I hug Dylan.

"Why are you hugging me?," he asks.

"Remember that restaurant I had an interview with? Well I got the job," I say.

"Wow congrats Amy," Dylan says.

"Ya but I have to go pick up some forms, so you're coming with me," I tell him.

"Ughh do I have to?," he whines.

"Yes, dad's not home, so you have to come. We can go get ice cream after," I say.

"Ok, but I'm getting lots of sprinkles," he says.

"Get whatever you want kiddo."

I quickly run upstairs to change into tights and a short, flowy shirt. I do my hair and makeup, and then grab my purse and go downstairs. Dylan also changed into shorts and a shirt.

"Ok let's go," I say.

We leave the house, and I lock the door. Then we go to my new car that I got a few days ago. I start driving to the restaurant.

It doesn't take long to get there. When we get to the restaurant, I tell Dylan to stay in the lobby. I find the manager, and he takes me to his office.

"So here are the papers that we need filled out," he says.

"Ok thanks," I say to the manager who gives me the papers.

"We want you to start in a week. We will email you your schedule. Orientation will be this weekend," he tells me.

"Alright, that sounds good," I say.

"I'll let you know if anything changes," he says.

I nod, and then shake his hand. I leave the office, and go back to the lobby where Dylan is sitting.

"Ok buddy, we can go now," I say.

"Ice cream time?," he says.

"Yes ice cream time," I say. "I think I saw a place just down the street so we can walk. It's nice out."

I put my arm around Dylan's shoulder, and we walk down the street to the ice cream shop. Dylan orders rocky road ice cream with chocolate chips and sprinkles. I just get plain vanilla.

"Want to just walk around for a bit?," I ask Dylan.

"Ya," he says with a smile.

We continue to walk down the street. The sun feels so nice on my skin. That's the one thing I like about Dallas, the sun.