Chapter 43

Amy's POV

The smell of bacon fills my nose, waking me up from my sleep. I turn around in my bed, rubbing my eyes before opening them.

I get a mini heart attack, and quickly sit up in bed when I see Tyler. He has a tray of food in his hands. A single rose sits in a glass vase on the tray.

"What are you doing here?," I ask.

"Bringing you breakfast in bed," Tyler says with a smile.

"Ok, but why?"

"Look at the date on your phone," he tells me.

I raise my eyebrow in confusion, but do what he says. I grab my phone from the bedside table, hitting the home button, making the screen light up. I look at the date on the home screen.

"Sunday, February 14" it says.

I look up at Tyler, and blush as he smiles at me. He walks towards the bed, placing the tray of food over my thighs. He sits down at the edge of the bed, and puts his hand on top of mine.

"I know you don't want to be my girlfriend, but will you please be my valentine?"

Tyler squeezes my hand, and looks right into my eyes. He bites his bottom lip, waiting for my answer. The desperation is evident in his eyes.

I've never celebrated Valentine's Day in my life. The holiday always seemed so stupid to me. But things have changed. I've changed. And I can give Tyler this one day to call me his in some way.

"Of course, I'll be your valentine," I tell him.

Tyler breaks out into the biggest smile I've ever seen on his face. He puts his hand on the back of my neck, and quickly brings my face to his. He crashes his lips to mine, and kisses me as if his life depended on it.

"Ok, now eat your food before it gets cold," he tells me.

I pat the spot beside me on the bed, gesturing for Tyler to sit there. He crawls over my legs, and sits down beside me, pulling the covers over himself.

I begin to eat the breakfast that Tyler made me. I feed him some eggs and bacon as well. I put a piece of toast in front of his face, and he puts his hand on my wrist to hold the toast in place while he bites it.

"So what are we doing today?," I ask, taking a sip of orange juice.

"Well you're going to go on a little adventure," Tyler says with a smirk.

"Don't you mean 'we're'?," I question.

"Nope," he says, popping the "p" sound. "Just you."

"I thought Valentine's Day was supposed to be romantic? What's romantic about a solo adventure?"

"Oh Amelia, trust me. This will be plenty romantic. I've been planning this for weeks," he tells me.

"For weeks?," I say, a little taken back and surprised.

"Yes, but you have to finish your food before the adventure can begin," Tyler says.

I quickly eat the remainder of the delicious breakfast, eager to see what exactly Tyler has planned for me. I feed him a bit more, and chug down the last of my juice. Tyler chuckles, as I wipe the juice off from around my lips.

"Ok, I'm done. Now what's this adventure?," I say.

"You, my beautiful valentine, are going on a scavenger hunt around the city," he tells me.

"A scavenger hunt? So like solving clues and stuff?," I question.

"Exactly that. And I'll be waiting for you at the end of whole thing," Tyler says.