Chapter 9

Amy's POV

The restaurant is swamped. This is one of the worst lunch rushes we've had in a while. It's August, people should be out on vacation. Not coming to this mediocre restaurant.

"Hey Amy, I just seated some people at table twelve," Rachel, one of the hostesses, tells me.

"Ok I'm on it," I say and head towards the table.

I get to the table, and introduce myself to the couple at the table as their waitress. I tell them about the specials, and write down their drink orders on my notepad.

"Hey do I know you?," the guy asks.

I look more closely at the guy. He does kinda look familiar, I just don't know where I've seen him before. Then it clicks in.

"Oh ya you're Jamie," I say.

"Well ya I'm sure you know me, I'm a professional hockey player," he says in a cocky tone. "But where do I know you from?"

"I met you once at a café. I was with my little brother, and he asked for your autograph, along with Tyler's," I tell him.

"Ohhhh now I know who you are. You're Amy. You're the chick that Tyler's banging," Jamie says.

"Well we're friends too," I say, feeling a little embarrassed.

"Ya I know, Tyler never shuts up about you."

I feel my face turn red as he says this. I didn't think that Tyler would talk about me much to any of his friends.

I look at the girl Jamie's with. She's pretty and seems small compared to him. But she gives off the vibe that she could probably kick his ass if she needed to.

"Oh um this is my girlfriend, Drea," Jamie says.

"Hi, nice to meet you," I say.

"So you're Tyler's new fuck buddy?," she asks.

"New?," I question.

"Tyler gets a lot of girls," she says.

"Ya but he doesn't hook up with them all," I say.

"Is that what he told you?," Drea scoffs.

"Ya..?"

"Well hunny, he lied," she says.

"Oh," I say.

"Ya, he's constantly bragging about all the girls he fucks," she adds.

I don't know why that hurts me, but it does. I don't know what hurts more, him lying or him fucking all those girls.

"I have to get back to work," I say and leave their table.

Tyler's POV

There's a knock on my door, so I go to answer it. I open the door, and the most beautiful girl in the world is standing there.

"This is a nice surprise," I say.

"I just stopped by to give you these," Amy says.

She hands me a container full of cookies.

"Cookies?," I ask.

"Ya I helped Dylan make them for you because he wanted to thank you for helping him get on the team," she explains, and I put the container of cookies on the coffee table.

"He made the team?"

"Ya, he's pretty excited about it," she says.

"Ya I bet. I remember when I was younger and I would get excited about making a team," I say. "Tell him thanks for the cookies."