Chapter 8

Amy's POV

The doorbell rings so I run downstairs from my room to open the door. I open it, and two dogs run in, followed by Tyler.

"When did you get dogs?," I ask, closing the door.

"I've had them for a while. They were just back home in Brampton, and I had a friend bring them down because I'm gunna be here for most of the summer."

"Oh ya, you're Canadian," I say.

"Ya that's why I'm so nice," he says and kisses my cheek.

His dogs seem really excited and anxious. They keep jumping around and can't seem to settle down.

"Control your dogs please," I say. "If they scuff up the floor, my dad will be mad."

"Cash! Marshall!," Tyler says, and whistles at them.

His dogs calm down, and run to Tyler's side and sit down. Tyler crouches down onto his knees, and scratches their heads and hugs them.

"That's cute," I say with a smile.

"Thanks," he says.

"The dogs, not you," I tease.

"Ouch," he says, touching his chest where his heart is. "That hurts."

"So why are you and your dogs here?," I ask, and start patting the brown one.

"Well I'm here to see Dylan, and they're just tagging along," Tyler says.

"Dylan?," I ask.

"Ya I have some news for him about the hockey team," he says.

"Oh," I say. "Good news?"

"Ya."

"Well Dylan is in the basement playing video games," I tell him.

"Then lead the way," he says.

Tyler follows me down to the basement. His dogs follow behind him.

"Dylan, someone is here to see you," I say.

Dylan pauses his game, and looks up. He gets a big smile on his face and practically jumps off the couch. He runs to Tyler and hugs him.

"Hey buddy," Tyler says and messes up Dylan's hair.

"I missed you," Dylan says.

"I missed you too kiddo."

Dylan lets go of Tyler and starts to pat the dogs. Tyler sits down on the couch, and I sit down next to him.

"So Dylan, I have some good news for you," Tyler says.

"Really? What is it?," Dylan asks, still playing with the dogs.

"Well I talked to a team about you joining. It's the best team for your age group. And they said that tryouts are starting next week, and they're excited for you to come."

"Oh my god, thank you," Dylan squeals.

Tyler laughs. "No problem bud. I was thinking I'd help you practice this week to get ready for tryouts."

"Starting today?," Dylan questions.

"No, starting tomorrow," Tyler says. "That is if you want to."

"Ya I do. You're my favourite player. I want to learn from you," Dylan says.

"Ok then I'll pick you up around 1:00 tomorrow, and take you to a rink to practice," Tyler tells him.

"Ok I'll be ready," Dylan says. "Thank you for helping me."