Chapter 10

Tyler's POV

I ring the doorbell to Amy's house. I stand outside for a while, and no one answers. Amy's car is in the driveway so she must be here. I knock on the door, and still no answer, so I take out my phone.

*Hey, where are you? I'm at your house.* I text her.

A few minutes later, the gate at the side of the house opens. Amy walks out wearing a bikini.

"Hey sorry, I was just out back by the pool," she says.

She turns back around and gestures for me to follow behind her. I close the gate behind me, and walk behind Amy to their backyard. There's music playing on a radio that is sitting outside.

She sits down by the pool, dipping her feet into the water. I sit down next to her, and put my feet in. I'm happy that I wore shorts today.

"So where is everyone?," I ask.

"Dad's at work, and Dylan has practice," Amy tells me.

"So you've just been chilling out here?"

"Ya I was listening to music and drawing," she says.

Amy grabs a sketchbook that she had sitting next to her. She opens it up to the page that she had bookmarked with a pencil.

There's a beautiful drawing of a flower that she's working on. I look at the garden in the backyard and see the exact flower that she's drawing.

"You drew that?," I ask.

"Ya."

"It's amazing," I tell her.

"Thank you," she says with a smile.

"Can I see your other drawings?"

"Sure," she says and hands me the sketchbook.

I start to look through the book, and every drawing is absolutely breathtaking. There's drawings of sceneries, objects, and people.

"These are all amazing," I say. "You have a lot of talent."

"Thanks. I didn't have a lot of friends growing up, so I spent most of my time in my room just drawing different things, and I just got really good at it I guess."

"People were stupid for not wanting to be your friend," I say and kiss the top of her head.

She smiles and moves her feet around in the water. I keep looking through her book.

"Is this Dylan?," I ask, looking at one of the photos.

"Ya. The power went out one day, and we were really bored. So Dylan asked me to draw him with all his hockey gear on," she tells me.

"And is this your dad?," I say, pointing to the man in a drawing of a devil and an angel.

Amy laughs. "Ya that's him."

"That's a little fucked up," I say with a chuckle.

"Well he is the devil," she says. "Well at least he was."

"Do you want to talk about it yet?," I ask.

She shakes her head no, and looks at her feet in the water. I don't push on the subject anymore.

"So who's the angel?," I ask, pointing to the women in the drawing.

"My mom," Amy says with a smile.

"Wow she's beautiful," I say. "She kinda looks like you."

"Ya I have her eyes. I'll show you photos of her in the house sometime."