Part 5: Come With Us

Hunter's POV 

As we came back on Kamino I approached Tech who was piloting the ship. 

Me: "Did we get any responses?" 

Tech: "I am getting no response from the com-scan. This is unusual." 

Me: "Bring us in. We'll find out what's going on." 

When Tech landed the ship, we left it and approached the closed base doors. Before we went in I looked back at my squad. 

Me: "Stick to the plan. Split up. Find Lunar and meet back here at the ship." 

Tech went to open the doors and I turned around. As the big doors opened we began to walk. The hall was totally empty. There were no stormtroopers or any officers. Not even any droids. After taking a few steps we were resounded by stormtroopers that were pointing their guns at us. I took a hold of my knife.

Stormtrooper: "Freeze!" 

Crosshair: "As expected?" 

Two stormtroopers in front of me moved out of the way so we could see Takin approaching us with two stormtroopers on each side. 

Takin: "The Emperor does not tolerate failure, Sergent." 

Me: "There were complications." 

I said as I placed the knife back. 

Takin: "Yeah the prob droids report was quite detailed." 

My eyes winded in shock. 

Takin: "Conspiring with Saw Gerrera. I assume you know the punishment for treason." 

Me: "Treason?" 

Takin: "Throw them in the brig." 

We were stripped down our gear and then led to the brig. After locking us there only three stormtroopers remained as others left. Wrecker that was standing next to me sniffed the air. 

Wrecker: "Smells weird." 

Echo: "Because it's clean." 

At that moment the doors opened and a stormtrooper came walking in holding Lunar's hand and pulling her into the room. 

Lunar's POV 

Me: "Let go of me you-" 

Trooper: "Oh shut up." 

He had a tight grip on my right hand making me walk behind him. I was trying to resist him but he was too strong. I just wanted him to lose his grip a little. He didn't even need to pull me. I would walk on my own. 

Me: "You are hurting me." 

Trooper: "I don't care. Now stop whining." 

He said as he stooped to look back at me. 

Voice: "You better stop doing that mate." 

Voice 2: "If you know what's good for you." 

Looking past the stormtrooper in front of me I saw Hunter, Tech, Wrecker, Crosshair, and Echo in the brig. Why did they come back? The first one to speak was Hunter and the second was Echo. The trooper brought me to their brig and as the other one opened the doors the trooper pushed me in hard making me lose my step. Before my body could hit the ground someone caught me. It was Hunter. 

Hunter: "Are you alright?" 

Me: "Yes." 

He helped me on my legs then as the stormtrooper left I looked at them. 

Me: "What are you guys doing here? I warned you not to come back." 

Hunter: "Had to. We were looking for you." 

I looked at him in shock. 

Me: "Me?" 

Hunter: "What do you say? Do you want to come with us or did we get captured for nothing?" 

Me: "Wait, wait... You came back for me?" 

Hunter: "Yes." 

I was in shock that they came back for me. I turned to look at Wrecker who was standing next to Hunter to see him giving me a kind smile. They were serious. 

Hunter: "Or you can stay and..." 

Me: "No, no, I would like to go with you guys." 

I said as I quickly looked at him. 

Crosshair: "How touching." 

Looking past Hunter I saw him standing at the end of the brig with his hands crossed. Hunter turned his body towards him and I could see the tension rising between them. Wrecker cleared his throat. 

Wrecker: "Uh, Hunter. How are we breaking out of here?" 

Hunter: "I'm working on it." 

Crosshair: "You know what you should work on?" 

He said as he began to approach Hunter: 

Crosshair: "Explaining when you went soft." 

Echo: "Slow it, Crosshair." 

Crosshair: "Don't you see that we're locked up in here because of him? He had us disobey orders." 

Tech: "I never thought your disobeying orders was a problem." 

Wrecker: "Yeah. We do it all the time." 

Crosshair: "Good soldiers follow orders. Every choice you've made since Kaller had been wrong. First the Padawan, then Gerrera. You're becoming a liability." 

Hunter: "We can debate my choices later. For now, let's focus on getting out of here." 

Crossing his arms he stepped away. Looking back to Crosshair I saw him taking a seat on the bench and the moment that he did he took hold of his head. His head was hurting and I knew why. I knew that he didn't want to talk to me but I wanted to talk to him. So I approached him.

Me: "You are angry." 

Crosshair: "How perceptive." 

Me: "You are also in pain." 

I took a seat next to him and he looked at me. 

Me: "I know what you're going to do but please don't. It's not worth it." 

Crosshair: "What do you know?"

Me: "I know that is not your fault." 

I placed my hand on his shoulder making him look at me in my eyes. 

Me: "You can't help it." 

At that moment a stormtrooper approaches us.

Stormtrooper: "CT-9904. You're coming with us."

He said as he looked at Crosshair on my right. 

The gates opened but before he could do something Hunter stepped in front of Crosshair and me. 

Hunter: "Oh no, no, no. We stay together." 

At that moment stormtrooper hit him in the stomach with his gun making Hunter fall to his knees. 

Me: "Hunter!" 

I came running up to him and placed my hands on his shoulders. 

Trooper: "Stay down!" 

Crosshair stood up and as he came past me I looked up at him. He looked down at me then he left with troopers. 

Me: "I'm so sorry. You guys should never come for me. It's my fault."

Hunter: "It's not your fault Lunar."