Part 38: Paid Off

Lunar's POV

I was scrubbing the counter when my eyes traveled to Cid who was playing that strategic game against Ketch and Bolo. For the past hour I have been watching Ketch and Bolo play as I was cleaning. The more I watched the more I understood. 

Bolo: "You've got her cornered!" 

Cid: "Oh yeah. I am real scared." 

Ketch: "Dealy all you want, you're not getting out of this one." 

Cid taught for a moment before her finger began to get close to the yellow button. 

Me: "I wouldn't do that." 

She looked at me for a moment before she looked at Ketch and Bolo who were sitting in front of her showing me their backs. 

Cid: "Hear that? We got an expert here." 

Rolling her eyes she still pressed the yellow button and her worm monster moved to the right side of the battleground. As I expected the monster that was controlled by Ketch and Bolo attacked and killed the worm. 

Bolo: "Haha! She's done for!" 

Me: "I told you." 

She looked at me. 

Cid: "Well, expert, what should I do next?" 

Placing the towel that I was holding aside I approached the table and pressed the second red button on the right. Then I pressed the yellow and second red buttons on the left. The last monster that Cid had approached the two monsters that Bolo and Ketch had and got them killed. With that, she won the battle. 

Ketch: "You blew it!" 

Bolo: "You were the one who said to bet it all!" 

Ketch: "You wanna take this outside?" 

Bolo: "Glady!" 

With that, they left. 

Cid: "How did you know to do that?" 

She asked. 

Me: "It's a strategy game. You only need a good strategy." 

I began to walk towards the counter to finish cleaning it. 

Cid: "Hey, are you good with strategy?" 

Me: "A little." 

Cid: "What do you say if you play this with me and if you win I will pay." 

Me: "Depends. For how much?" 

Cid: "Hmm...Thirty percent." 

Me: "Sixty." 

She taught for the moment then she nodded her head yes. With a smile, I took a seat behind the table and began to play a game. 

Hunter's POV 

Me: "Now." 

Tech opened the doors and I threw the smoke bomb down the stairs. The bomb fell into the room and as it went off we ran down the stairs. I took the officer, two troopers, and droid down with the blaster knocking them out. Walking past the bodies I approached tied up Senator who looked at us in shock. 

GS-8: "Senator! I followed your instructions to the letter." 

Tech removed the rope and handcuffs from him. 

Senator: "I knew you'd come through, GS-8." 

GS-8: "And behold. I have saved your most prized vase."