Part 4: Not Safe Anymore

Hunter's POV

The soldiers who captured us took away our weapons and helmets then they led us to their camp. The moments kids saw us they hid behind adults. By looking at their faces I could see that they were scared of us. 

Echo: "These aren't Separatists. They are Republic fighters."

Tech: "Why would Tarkin send us to attack our own force?"

A man with brown hair approached us.

Man: "Because we refuse to fight for the Empire."

Tech: "You're Saw Gerrera. Trained by Captain Rex and General Skywalker to fight for the Republic."

One man approached and took my gun from the pile. Then he gave my gun to Saw who stepped in front of me. 

Saw: "So, the newly declared empire sent you to wipe us out?"

Me: "Well, we're here to neutralize a group of insurgents."

Saw chuckled. 

Saw: "Well...here we are. What are you going to do? Strike us down like you did the Jedi?"

Crosshair: "Is that a request?" 

With anger, I looked back at Crosshair on my right. 

Me: "Enough."

 I looked back at Saw. 

Me: "We expected to find battle droids not-" 

Saw: "Civilians? Times change, target change. Why don't you take a look at the insurgents you were sent to destroy?"

Looking past him I looked at every single person in the camp. Not even one of them looked dangerous. 

Saw: "Makes you wonder what else they're lying about."

He turned around and began to walk away.

Saw: "Let's mobilize. Pack up the camp."

I took a step forward.

Me: "What's going on here? Who are those people?"

 Saw looked at me.

Saw: "Villagers, croppers, former Republic fighters, all now displaced refugees since Palpatine unjustly appointed himself Emperor."

Tech: "According to reports, the Jedi made an attempt on the Supreme Chancellor's life. His actions were a defensive measure."

Saw: "And I figured you for the smart one. With the Jedi decimated and the clone army under his command, Palpatine will have control over the entire galaxy. Unless we stop him."

Crosshair: "The war is over."

He said as he stepped next to me.

Saw: "If we gave up now, everything we fought for, everyone we lost, will have been for nothing. I wouldn't let that happen. The Clone war may have ended but a civil war is about to begin."

Me: "With a handful of fighters and limited firepower? You don't stand a chance."

Saw: "Not alone we don't."

A man approaches Saw.

Man: "We should leave if we're gonna make the rendezvous. What do we do with them?"

Saw looked at us.

Saw: "The clones once helped us free Onderon. So well give them a chance. The old ways are done."

He pointed my gun at me.

Saw: "You can either adapt and survive or die with the past. The decision is yours."